eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Just saw TMNT. Super fun movie, not as bad as what the critics would like to say it is. I think the Turtles' personalities were done really well, and the humor wasn't overdone. A good movie that deserves less hate and I'm happy that it's doing well at the box office.

• Like 3

Jessica Drew can't be used by both?Who's Sony going to be using for their hopeless female "Spider-man" movie?

They could use Julia Carpenter. She is the second Spider-Woman but eventually changes her name to Arachne before becoming the new Madame Web.There's also a new character called Silk. She was bitten by the same Spider that bit Peter before it died.And of course they could go with Black Cat.Honestly Sony better keep whatever female they plan to use for a supporting role. I doubt anyone would line up for a Black Cat movie.

Actually, it was Filmation. Web Woman from The Super 7 was supposed to be named Spider-Woman, somehow Marvel caught wind of these plans and created Spider-Woman to trademark the name.http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2005/12/08/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-28/Honestly not sure why Marvel didn't think to trademark it before 1976...

They did. Whoever was the head of DC Comics told Stan Lee that you can't create a female version of one of DC's male superheroes. So Stan Lee didn't. Then, DC made a superhero/super heroine that was a male/female version of one of Marvel's superheroes. I believe that's when Stan Lee started to go through with his earlier idea.

If box office is that political in China, doesn't that throw a huge wet blanket over the credibility of WW numbers?  (China being such a huge part of it and all)

You get the numbers, but the movies don't get all allowed, or a good date (not the date the studios would like) and it's limited on the few weeks. Very very seldom a movie can get an extension.It's not a 'blanket', it's influencing/restricting how much a movie can make, usually used after one movie did 'too good'.

But again:

the numbers itself are credible (after a time, some countries do not report as regular or in another rhythm as the most other countries do.

I'm coming out (not loosing it, as in my interest is based on...) of the interest in worldwide numbers, and the fast changing movie business background, so I am used to have to stay patient.

It's the same with production details, one reason I like to look into Disney is, they nowadays film in UK a lot

=> Latest ~ 3 years later all the costs have to be released, as the tax cut law their includes the public record obligation. Till all the demands are even billed or ... can be much later as some seem to assume, see Pirates 4, where the last costs got added 3 years after the release of the movie. Plus a lot of other details is to find in the net, as some people there tend to place quarterly reports... into the net, in the sum a lot more and more simple can be learned by observing them.

Well, today I found out who Shailene Woodley is and what she looks like via google.   So some think she is a bigger deal than Emma Stone, eh?   Color me skeptical.   After seeing her photos 2 minutes ago, not sure I can remember exactly what she looks like.    Very pretty in a "generic runway model who looks like the other 20 runway models" kind of way.

To not have too strongly distinguish looks can be rather useful for a real good actor, IMHO way too many actors count as good actors for their looks instead for their ability to immerse into their roles.

Till someone like that gets a general awareness usually a lot of movies and years are needed, if at all.

Not saying she is one of those (not sure if I've already even seen her, as I do not watch a lot of movies in the cinemas, I usually watch non-big-event or ....movies via used bought DVDs => way behind), I am generally speaking

Edited by terrestrial

Well i must be stupid too then. I think TF4 is better than Toy story 3, not saying I think TF4 is great but TS3 was just a bore imo. I'm not a fan of these latest Pixar critical darlings like Up, wall E and ratatouille, they just don't have the heart and fun the earlier films had. It's why they haven't managed to replicate the success of Monsters Inc or Nemo over the last 10 years (TS3 aside, though it was a sequel to their most iconic film). It's like they are trying too hard to please the academy by getting so damn adamant on delivering messages.

Lol, look at this guy with his unpopular opinions.

:ph34r:

Well i must be stupid too then. I think TF4 is better than Toy story 3, not saying I think TF4 is great but TS3 was just a bore imo. I'm not a fan of these latest Pixar critical darlings like Up, wall E and ratatouille, they just don't have the heart and fun the earlier films had. It's why they haven't managed to replicate the success of Monsters Inc or Nemo over the last 10 years (TS3 aside, though it was a sequel to their most iconic film). It's like they are trying too hard to please the academy by getting so damn adamant on delivering messages.

I didn't think anyone else disliked Pixar the way I do.  

That's a silly question.  Pixar does nothing for me.  I think they are some of the worst animated films out there.  TS3 is horrible.

Posted Image

Lol, look at this guy with his unpopular opinions. 

:ph34r:

It's hardly unpopular when no original Pixar fIlm has managed to sell more tickets than their previous efforts. Clearly the GA think the same way.It's like when people were shocked that ratatouille and wall E so say 'disappointed' in comparison to their expectations. It was actually funny when Wall E was released, people saying it was one of the best animations of all time and couldn't believe it's second weekend drop was close to 50%. They are simply not as fun as they used to be.