baumer

Tues #s pg 4

Do that many people watch the Emmys? I swear they're on like 5 times a year.

There are a few different Emmy awards shows. There's a primetime one, a daytime Emmy show, and maybe some others (I don't know). So, they actually are on more than once a year. I tried watching this year, but it was so bad that I had to turn it off.

• Like 1

Do that many people watch the Emmys? I swear they're on like 5 times a year.

I followed this time for the first time the award show, but only indirectly => via a lot of tweets and re-tweets => it looked to me as if a lot of people followed it, but not all via the TV (I am new to Twitter, no idea about if that is typically, but it was really a lot of tweets, the ones I am interested in, were nearly drowned in them)

Edited by terrestrial

Blankments GOTG over Apes club is looking like an even bigger victory now. I remember when some people thought that Apes was going to save the summer. In actuality, it opened solidly, but will finish below Maleficent.

Apes died.  

While true, it still had a fine run. But, as Baumer said, died rather quickly after incredibly solid opening 10 days.

Yet Apes still made more than TASM 2. :lol:

• Like 2

Apes is one of the greatest movies this year.  

But the tone, dramatic events and heavy athmosphere throughout the whole movie may be too frightening and unappealing to a young audience.   It is darker than the already dark first installment.

It is definitely less family appealing than the likes of GOTG with its colorful, fun athmosphere, more prone to attract a bigger range (age wise) of people who just want to have a good time watching something the whole family can enjoy during the summer hollidays.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 6

Eh, the fact of the matter is that no comic book movie is really made with the purpose of depth in mind.  Comic book movies, whether you're talking Guardians. TMNT, XM:DoFP or MoS are made for the purpose of entertainment.  They're basically in a similar category to action films.  Does that mean that it's a bad thing?  No, of course not.  As long as they're entertaining people then they're doing what they're made to do.  We may not like all of them, but hey, different strokes for different folks  

Story telling and music was invented to entertain us so that's a huge compliment to a movie.

Somewhere along the way in recent decades the idea that art which "just entertains" is inferior to art that is "deep" or "angry" or "affects social change" reached "truth" level.   But our ancestors sitting around a fire telling stories to distract them from a harsh life where they were lucky to reach age 20 wouldn't agree I'm betting.

• Like 9

Ex3 had the second best jump.  Late legs kicking in.  Should pass the opening weekend of Expendables 2 today sometime.   :P

I'm really part of the problem for Expendables 3. Despite knowing that I will like the film, I still haven't gone to see it. I will see it when it comes to cable.

• Like 1