TalismanRing

Weekend Numbers (IDEN $1.91m/ GOTG: $10.16m; #s pg 1 & 10)

Oh.

Oh….

Well, that's… interesting? I guess.

I've got nothing. 

I know, right? The reviews for The Identical are amazing to read; the critics are so baffled about its weirdness and how it got made. Of course, the movie about Fake Elvis and his twin has a soundtrack of Fake Elvis music. It only cost $16 million apparently but an opening outside of the Top 10, ouch.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there are more books in the IF I STAY series, so I wonder if that could be the start of a nice new YA franchise. 

OMG is Sin City not even in the top 14 anymore??? WTF!

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opened at the 17th place

Weekend gross : 689,000   (-69%)  :ph34r: 

Total domestic : 12,906,000

• Like 1

Imagine if someone said that Maleficent would gross more than HTTYD2. That might be even crazier.

Imagine it being April and somebody posting this1.Guardians of the Galaxy - 325m2.Trans4mers - 245m3.Maleficent - 240m4.X-Men: Days of Future Past - 235m5.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 210m6.The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 205m7.Godzilla - 200m8.22 Jump Street - 195m9.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 185m10.How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 175m11.Neighbors - 150m12.The Fault in Our Stars - 125m13.Lucy - 120m14.Edge of Tomorrow - 100m15.Tammy - 85m Edited by The Panda
  • Like 5

So TMNT finishing at around $200 million? Or closer to $190-$195?

That's a really great run for a movie I predicted couldn't do more than $150 million at the B.O. Crow eatened ;)

Closer to $190 - $195M

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Imagine it being April and somebody posting this1.Guardians of the Galaxy - 325m2.Trans4mers - 245m3.Maleficent - 240m4.X-Men: Days of Future Past - 235m5.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 210m6.The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 205m7.Godzilla - 200m8.22 Jump Street - 195m9.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 185m10.How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 175m11.Neighbors - 150m12.The Fault in Our Stars - 125m13.Lucy - 120m14.Edge of Tomorrow - 100m15.Tammy - 85m

I don't think that list would have looked out of place at all. All movies performed pretty much as expected with the exception of Dragon 2 and Guardians but even then, their runs were deemed possible at the time, just improbable. Edited by jessie

I don't think that list would have looked out of place at all. All movies performed pretty much as expected with the exception of Dragon 2 and Guardians but even then, their runs were deemed possible at the time, just improbable.

If you would have told me in April that GOTG would outgross Iron Man 1 domestically, my reaction would have been:

Posted Image

• Like 2

LOL at the 33% jump of The Identical on Sunday. There is no way it happens. I know why they think it might happen, but it won't. 

I think it would take divine intervention to see an increase like that. Posted Image Much of the audience for that will be going to church and possibly watching football.

I don't think that list would have looked out of place at all. All movies performed pretty much as expected with the exception of Dragon 2 and Guardians but even then, their runs were deemed possible at the time, just improbable.

Take a look at the preseason predictions in the BSG and you'll see very differently. The lowest prediction from Dragon 2 was 260m. The highest prediction for Guardians was 235 (next highest was 200).

Edited by 4815162342