TalismanRing

Weekend Numbers (IDEN $1.91m/ GOTG: $10.16m; #s pg 1 & 10)

Imagine it being April and somebody posting this1.Guardians of the Galaxy - 325m2.Trans4mers - 245m3.Maleficent - 240m4.X-Men: Days of Future Past - 235m5.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 210m6.The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 205m7.Godzilla - 200m8.22 Jump Street - 195m9.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 185m10.How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 175m11.Neighbors - 150m12.The Fault in Our Stars - 125m13.Lucy - 120m14.Edge of Tomorrow - 100m15.Tammy - 85m

I wonder if the Turtles could beat TASM 2.

I don't think that list would have looked out of place at all. All movies performed pretty much as expected with the exception of Dragon 2 and Guardians but even then, their runs were deemed possible at the time, just improbable.

Nobody predicted those numbers for Maleficent, TASM2, TMNT, and those Dragon 2 and Guardians numbers would have been laughed at.And by nobody I really do mean nobody. Even the most pessimistic tasm2 predicts during early April were around 230m and everybody had dragon over the first.Also, the most optimistic guardians predicts were around 230m. People have been doubting it throughout, expecting a frontloaded run, and even when it showed legs people were doubting 300m as a possibility until Labor Day when it was a guarantee.
  • Like 8

Nobody predicted those numbers for Maleficent, TASM2, TMNT, and those Dragon 2 and Guardians numbers would have been laughed at.And by nobody I really do mean nobody. Even the most pessimistic tasm2 predicts during early April were around 230m and everybody had dragon over the first.Also, the most optimistic guardians predicts were around 230m. People have been doubting it throughout, expecting a frontloaded run, and even when it showed legs people were doubting 300m as a possibility until Labor Day when it was a guarantee.

Jessie should show us his top 15 dom predict from april so we can behold his infinite bo knowledge.

The highest GOTG predicts were just over $250M because Druv10 had the GOTG over $250M club. However, everything else that you said is right on.

I'd figure more Christians would be going to evening Mass rather than seeing a movie, right?

No, we Christians are allowed to make choices about what to do with our time just like everyone else.  Probably with even more room to wiggle. 

• Like 1

No, we Christians are allowed to make choices about what to do with our time just like everyone else. Probably with even more room to wiggle.

I find it annoying when there is judgementalism on either side, both take these types of jabs at each other and it's silly. Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

No #s for Ghostbusters? It was still playing on a lot of screens this weekend.

Since Sony (not SPC, Sony proper) has no new wide releases, and all of their other holdovers are past the threshold where they stop reporting estimates and just report Mon-Sun actuals once a week, maybe they decided "Screw it, it's not worth the time to estimate one re-release holdover playing in 700 locations, we'll just wait until actuals." Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

According to BOM the top 12 this weekend grossed a combined $51.91 million which is the lowest the top 12 since September 7-9 2012 (ie 2 years ago). In other words, November can't get here soon enough.

Actually, when you put it like that, it doesn't seem so bad.

• Like 3

No, we Christians are allowed to make choices about what to do with our time just like everyone else.  Probably with even more room to wiggle. 

My god, I just assumed the Sunday number would go down since more Christians would prefer to attend an evening Mass than go see a movie.

Because, you know, my family goes to the evening Mass every Sunday.  :rolleyes: