Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

I can see why some complained about the camera shaking. Ugh. Many of the action scenes were ruined by it in my opinion. Also shaking camera in even talking scenes. WHY? 

Basically somewhat better than Legacy and worse than the original three. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, picores said:

Its the shacking camera new in Greengrass? I think people need to refresh Ultimatum and Supremacy, specially the latter. Ultra shacking cam is everywhere.

Its probably the worst I've seen. Its tolerable in Supremacy and Ultimatum, but Jason Bourne takes it up a notch. 

Weird thing is in the trailers you don't see it. Probably some sort of stabilizing filter. 

The car chase scene was not too badish, but the final fight was not fun to watch.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

57% on RT.

65 reviews.

That doesn't look very encouraging.....considering that the first 3 films had higher reception. :(

This one's more like Bourne Legacy reception on RT.....which weren't bad either....and also from mixed/meh to ok/decent.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

18 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I like Matrix Reloaded, X2, T3, 2 Fast 2 Furious and Nemo, to say nothing of Pirates, so I would pick summer '03 over this one in heartbeat. 

would take Hulk over the latest superhero movie as well.

• Like 1

Jason Bourne looks to be the definition of getting "mixed" reviews. It is on the cusp of being "fresh", and has reviews that are very positive like this:

• Damon is terrific as the impressively skilled yet poignantly haunted Bourne. Jones is malevolence personified as Dewey. And Vikander lends a steely confidence to Lee. 3.5/4 stars
  • Gripping from the outset, the most powerful thing about this tense action thriller is that it is intensely personal with a great sense of high stakes and risks
  • Fast paced, engaging, inventive, intelligent and thrilling, Jason Bourne reminds us what a talented director Paul Greengrass is - and what a great script writer, too

And then very negative reviews like this:

• This stale, redundant story goes round in the same tight circles, revealing one piddling new secret and containing one unconvincing change of character. 1.5/4 stars
  • Simultaneously pretentious, mind-numbingly tedious, and dizzyingly incoherent from scene to scene, Jason Bourne is the definition of diminishing returns.
  • It's the opposite of exciting. It's the visual equivalent of white noise, and if you're not careful, you might fall asleep.

Sometimes it boggles my mind how reviewers can have such radically different opinions on a single film - as if they saw an entirely different movie. But that's the reality of opinions, heh. Like some others have mentioned in here, I was pretty much going to see this film regardless of reviews. I mean, maybe if it was like under 10% on RT, I'd skip it, but I'm too big of a Damon-as-Bourne fan to miss out.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

Sometimes it boggles my mind how reviewers can have such radically different opinions on a single film

It's almost as if they were real people.  :lol:

Of course ;) It's just interesting, as people paid to critically evaluate films, (even if reviews are at their essence opinions), that there are such radically different evaluations of a film, particularly on the same specific criteria or elements of the film. There are always those reviewers that will be "outliers" so to speak, but I find it interesting with very mixed reviewed films such as this. :)

Peace,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk