Godot

Friday Estimates: Maze Runner: 11.25, Walk among Tombstones 4.7M , All numbers in first post

first of all it's a very small movie..why would it cost more? (I know it's an all-star cast but still)

2nd of all..does this movie really have an OS appeal? I mean the movie's premise is about Shiva which is a Jewish ritual when somebody dies..it's like making a movie about Ramadan..not sure how much this will affect its potentials

Except it's not marketed that way at all.

• Like 3

first of all it's a very small movie..why would it cost more? (I know it's an all-star cast but still)

2nd of all..does this movie really have an OS appeal? I mean the movie's premise is about Shiva which is a Jewish ritual when somebody dies..it's like making a movie about Ramadan..not sure how much this will affect its potentials

That's what it's about? LOL. I found the trailer funny with the dirty jokes. I doubt the movie being about a certain subject will limit it's audience as long as the trailers are funny.

Get it Maze Runner!

I have no idea when I 'm going to see it, but I'm happy for a new YA franchise to carve a little spot for itself in the B.O.  O'Brien deserves a franchise. He's solid gold. 

I had no idea TIWILY was coming out this weekend… Love the cast involved in it, but ehhh… It may have done better as a spring release.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

The Maze Runner is one of my faves of the year. Fantastic movie, it has almost no flaws, IMO. It is a shame it is not doing very well DOM.

I won't say it's almost perfect, but it is much better than Divergent and even slightly better than THG.As for BO performance, I am hoping for a good Saturday increase. With good legs, it might get close to 100m.
  • Like 3

Possibly even lower like 100-200K.Depends on how many shooting days I guess.

And yet the Expendables guys get 750K a day for their short stints on the movie.

• Like 1

I won't say it's almost perfect, but it is much better than Divergent and even slightly better than THG.As for BO performance, I am hoping for a good Saturday increase. With good legs, it might get close to 100m.

I am hoping for 80-90M DOM and 120-150M OS. That will be enough for a sequel. 

• Like 1

So everything is pretty much doing expected numbers.  How...expected :P

I will probably see A Walk Among the Tombstones this weekend.  Too bad I won't be contributing to the gross since it will be for free.  Well any movie I see this weekend will be for free so that won't help the numbers at all :P

• Like 1

I'd love it if TMR found some good legs. It sounds better than Divergent (which I liked, actually) and it was produced on the cheap side. Honestly, the trailers looked like it cost more than $40 million.I like these movies that keep their budgets reasonable. Yay for spendthrifty Hollywood.What are the chances for a sequel to The Giver?

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

I'd love it if TMR found some good legs. It sounds better than Divergent (which I liked, actually) and it was produced on the cheap side. Honestly, the trailers looked like it cost more than $40 million.I like these movies that keep their budgets reasonable. Yay for spendthrifty Hollywood.What are the chances for a sequel to The Giver?

The budget is 25M so if the Weinsteins are really desperate for a franchise I can see them somehow doing a sequel. I thought it was a fine standalone movie. 

• Like 1