Godot

Friday Estimates: Maze Runner: 11.25, Walk among Tombstones 4.7M , All numbers in first post

So a solid Championship Belt entry for Liam?

I would say it's safe for now. If Taken 3 is like 2 though, perhaps it could make him vulnerable.

(Seriously, Tombstones is a thriller, a slow burn. Not much beatdowns to go around, but some stoic delivery from Neeson as always)

20% boost, I wasn't expecting that. Good call baumer!

http://deadline.com/2014/09/maze-runner-box-office-walk-among-the-tombstones-this-is-where-i-leave-you-837209/#

2nd UPDATE, Saturday, 11:20 PM: Fox’s The Maze Runner ended up on the high end of this morning’s estimate and after its core audience came out on Saturday night to give the sci-fi actioner around a 20% boost, it will likely run in with $32.5M to $33M+. Grosses from 48 more international markets will be reported tomorrow; Maze Runner opened last weekend overseas to very strong numbers. The adaptation of the YA novel by James Dashner tracked better with males than Divergent did, but it still garnered interest from young females. Probably because of Dylan O’Brien (of MTV’s Teen Wolf). Although the first two acts of Maze Runner were exciting, the third act was confusing. However, filmmakers set this one up for a sequel and, in fact, the next installment is already in pre-production. Good thing this one opened.

• Like 6

I saw THE MAZE RUNNER earlier and I was surprised because my cinema was jam packed! I enjoyed it a lot. O'Brien was great. Though my favorite character is Newt.

The girls behind me were so into the exciting scenes. Ha ha. And I don't get the confusion that some people say. I am looking forward to seeing the sequel

I just wonder, did the director change any scenes?

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Funny conversation with Ray Subers:

[*]

THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU: Non-stop embarrassment for 103 minutes. Loaded with cliches. Virtually nothing works. Shawn Levy = the worst.

[*]

@raysubers This is Where I Leave You is one of yrs best. 103 minutes of hilarity and engaging characters.

User Actions
 Following
Posted ImageRay Subers@raysubers

@baumer72 Trolling or do you honestly think that?

10:25 PM - 20 Sep 2014
Posted Image
Tweet text
Reply to @raysubers

[*]

@raysubers 100% I think that

[*]

@baumer72 I think we have very different tastes.

[*] [*]

@raysubers im also a bit older than u so what I find funny is perhaps different as well

• Like 5

I don't understand what it is that he dislikes about the film though.  It was quite hysterical and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.  Just because it opened softly, doesn't mean it's not a good movie.

• Like 1