Godot

Friday Estimates: Maze Runner: 11.25, Walk among Tombstones 4.7M , All numbers in first post

Really? From a 24M weekend up to somewhere around a 27-29M weekend?

A small increase, nothing more.

Lol.  Haters gonna hate, I'm just gonna shake.

30-32 would be a good turnout for TMR (almost identical to the first Percy Jackson) and I think it gets us a sequel.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

And a less than 40% drop, even this time of the year is not a huge feat.

A 39% drop is not a huge feat, but YA movies have been getting destroyed on Sundays lately.

Oh oh. Someone's not praising it. Must be a hater.

:rolleyes:

30-32 would be a good turnout for TMR (almost identical to the first Percy Jackson) and I think it gets us a sequel.

It'll get a sequel even with just OS markets. 150M+ is a given. That's more than 4x it's 34M reported budget. Even adding 50-60M for marketing (that is resonable considering this is not a tentpole) it would still make profit.

• Like 7

It'll get a sequel even with just OS markets. 150M+ is a given. That's more than 4x it's 34M reported budget. Even adding 50-60M for marketing (that is resonable considering this is not a tentpole) it would still make profit.

they'll turn a profit from theatrical revenue alone..or at worst break even (with P & A budget)

so yes..Fox knew it all along that they've got a hit on their hands

• Like 2

A 39% drop is not a huge feat, but YA movies have been getting destroyed on Sundays lately.

Oh oh. Someone's not praising it. Must be a hater.

:rolleyes:

I just feel like if it increases from 24 to 31, or 32 that's not a 'small increase'.

Nothing to do with quality of the film.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

Once again, how are you folks getting 30M?

You all realize it's going to have a >40% drop on Sunday, right?

If it's really at 11 mill for Friday, then a 20% increase shouldn't be out of the question.  Even with a 45% drop on Sunday, it should hit 30 mill.

Good opening for TMR, I think. I wanted higher, but I like Suber's estimates. Hope they stick. Even though I wanted $35+ million.GOTG TO $330 PLEASE!!Oh and I finally watched Godzilla. Really enjoyed it, though my expectations could've been low? Anyways, I want a Godzilla for myself. Crushing hard on that hunk of kaiju ;)

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 3