kitik

Deepwater Horizon | 9/30/16 | New Trailer on Page 2 | IMAX confirmed | Budget: 156M

20 minutes ago, trifle said:

WHY do they not have these anywhere near where I live?

Last time I was at Arclight they said they would shortly be serving booze, but not great food (they never even have the spicy mustard for the sausage and baguettes, just this watermelon junk that I would never order), and they most certainly don't serve it to you.

I mean, sure, it's a novelty, and not why I go to the movies, but you would think there would be more of them in my area, since a ton of the studios are here.

:badday:

Try iPic Theaters, but they sell out fast.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm going to a fancy Regal that has all recliner seats. lol.

I have been to one of those, back east, and since the theater was entirely full, I probably was more comfortable than I would have been otherwise. But honestly, I don't see a plus in reclining when I watch a movie (besides the usual tip back seats).  Serving me real food, now, will be something novel.

I will say now that I've seen the webpage that if I were going there regularly I'd be concerned about the lack of 'normal' popcorn rather than 'popcorn of the week', but I probably won't go there regularly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Oh my god, having recently started going to a theater with all recliner seating, it's a huge difference for me. The seats are so much comfier, even when they're not reclined. It's night and day.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Word.

LOL!

OK I'll give it another chance.  We got the last two tickets and there is a certain dissatisfaction with sitting in the front row corner that might have lessened my experience.  I did notice that no one was leaning into my personal space as if I didn't exist, but unless a theater is really full, that doesn't happen anyhow.

What are nearest me are old type theaters and Arclights, unless I want to go to CitiWalk, which is nice, but not if you are only going to a movie.  Then the production of parking is irritating.  I've only been to the AMC Imax in Burbank, but I think they have recliners in their ordinary theaters, too, so I'll try those another time, since you all seem to think I am missing something!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

LOL!

OK I'll give it another chance.  We got the last two tickets and there is a certain dissatisfaction with sitting in the front row corner that might have lessened my experience.  I did notice that no one was leaning into my personal space as if I didn't exist, but unless a theater is really full, that doesn't happen anyhow.

What are nearest me are old type theaters and Arclights, unless I want to go to CitiWalk, which is nice, but not if you are only going to a movie.  Then the production of parking is irritating.  I've only been to the AMC Imax in Burbank, but I think they have recliners in their ordinary theaters, too, so I'll try those another time, since you all seem to think I am missing something!

Without giving too much of your specific location away, where generally do you live?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Without giving too much of your specific location away, where generally do you live?

Generally not far from Ventura somewhere between the 5 and Encino. 

edit:

OK Ventura doesn't go to the 5.  So somewhere between Cahuenga and Encino.....

Edited by trifle

10 minutes ago, trifle said:

Generally not far from Ventura somewhere between the 5 and Encino. 

edit:

OK Ventura doesn't go to the 5.  So somewhere between Cahuenga and Encino.....

The Cinemark 8 on Victory and Coldwater has all-recliner seats, pretty solid theaters/presentation, and tickets are cheap. It used to be a dive, but Cinemark bought it and renovated and it's a great place to see a movie now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

The Cinemark 8 on Victory and Coldwater has all-recliner seats, pretty solid theaters/presentation, and tickets are cheap. It used to be a dive, but Cinemark bought it and renovated and it's a great place to see a movie now.

K.  Thanks, I'll try it.  I guess I did assume it was a dive.

• Like 1

Just now, trifle said:

K.  Thanks, I'll try it.  I guess I did assume it was a dive.

I did too. It doesn't look like at all when you drive past on Victory (the only way I've ever seen it). But pull into the parking lot in back (where the main entrance is), and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I didn't discover it until a month or so ago, but I've caught a few films there now and it's just a nice pleasant experience. Plus it's not too crowded and tickets are 7.50-8 for matinees.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, trifle said:

I doubt it will do that well.  Sully is an example of a true story people care about and want to see.  This one?  Not so much.  So it would have to be sold on the characters and spectacle, and I just haven't seen that happening.  Between that and tracking, I think it will do significantly less OW than Mag7.

Yeah i agree now. 

Problem is there's a bunch of movies targeting men and naturally there's gonna be some flops. This, Accountant and Jack Reacher are gonna underperform.

16 minutes ago, I Am A Walking Curse said:

Accountant will underperform, Live by Night is gonna do better imo.

Girl on the Train will be October's surprise.

I'm pretty sure Girl on the Train will do exactly what it's expected to do, a smaller version of Gone Girl. 30m is the expected OW and 30m is what it will get.

People will be a bit surprised when Inferno does very similar numbers to Angels & Demons imho

• Like 1