Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

Saw this Monday evening at an early screening.  Wonderful stuff.  I'm no fan of musicals, really...can't take most of them seriously...and even with this, I didn't buy from the opening moments and for a while...but probably about a half-hour to 45 min in, I was into it...and by the end, I had stars in my eyes.  One of the better films of the year...in a lesser year, Stone might get a nomination, but not sure here.  Soundtrack and score might definitely get nominations.  So might Production Design, Editing.

• Like 2

Just now, Macleod said:

Saw this Monday evening at an early screening.  Wonderful stuff.  I'm no fan of musicals, really...can't take most of them seriously...and even with this, I didn't buy from the opening moments and for a while...but probably about a half-hour to 45 min in, I was into it...and by the end, I had stars in my eyes.  One of the better films of the year...in a lesser year, Stone might get a nomination, but not sure here.  Soundtrack and score might definitely get nominations.  So might Production Design, Editing.

Stone is a lock for a nomination. Heck, given that Jackie is quickly losing all of its early buzz, she might very well win too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ban1o said:

Interesting that most of them are animated movies .What the hell is Red State though? 

all the animated movies and Red State are there because they had special-event ticket prices, up to $50 or even more i think. Makes Grand Budapest's PTA all the more impressive. 

I think this should manage a $130k PTA at least, surely its hype is on par with stuff like Steve Jobs and Moonrise. If it goes totally crazy it might reach GBH but that movie was also 30 minutes shorter, it must have squeezed in more showtimes.

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

all the animated movies and Red State are there because they had special-event ticket prices, up to $50 or even more i think. Makes Grand Budapest's PTA all the more impressive. 

I think this should manage a $130k PTA at least, surely its hype is on par with stuff like Steve Jobs and Moonrise. If it goes totally crazy it might reach GBH but that movie was also 30 minutes shorter, it must have squeezed in more showtimes.

FWIW I think the Arclight is showing this on like 6 screens with a show every half hour, which would explain why their presales are so through the roof.

But yeah, I think this is doing $125K PTA this weekend with ease.

This movie premiered in some film festival in delhi or mumbai (No idea) 

Indian Critics are raving about this flick but no use these kind of movies have limted audience in india mostly restricted to premium multiplexes which is confined to 5 metro cities

Reputed Newspaper Times of India gave this 4/5 stars

I'm actually surprised that there is so much hype for this film in my country. I have seen so many angry posters in FB and Twitter when they moved La La Land's release date from December 7 to February 1 to accommodate some tragic local films which were disqualified in an upcoming festival lmao. My country should aim for quality. They moved Arrival and Your Name to unspecified dates too. A real mess. :sadben:

3 hours ago, laudemhirjan said:

I'm actually surprised that there is so much hype for this film in my country. I have seen so many angry posters in FB and Twitter when they moved La La Land's release date from December 7 to February 1 to accommodate some tragic local films which were disqualified in an upcoming festival lmao. My country should aim for quality. They moved Arrival and Your Name to unspecified dates too. A real mess. :sadben:

Really?? I didn't notice that. I think me and my best friend (and you of course) are the only ones who know about this movie in PH LOL.

1 hour ago, yjs said:

Seriously this is growing on me more and more.. and the soundtrack is out, so.. #IdBottomforEmmaStone

gallery-1468421165-la-la-land-5.jpg

God is she beautiful in this. That was one of the most lovingly shot scenes in the movie, and that's saying something.

It's already sold out the 8:00 at Regal Union Square Stadium in addition to the 7:00. At the AMC Lowes Lincoln Square they're doing reserved seating and both the 8:00 and 9:30 are close to selling out with 7:00 getting there too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

As a straight male I still find Gosling more sexually compelling than Stone....

... erm, anyway. I hate musicals but could very well end up seeing this, which bodes well for its box office overall.

Image result for ryan gosling murder by numbers gif

But in all seriousness, yeah, even I would fuck him too if the opportunity presented itself.

• Like 1