Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The production/technical aspects are quite stellar.

The rest....leaves a fair bit to be desired.

I loved all of it. Which honestly surprised me. Need to see it again, but it may be my 2nd 10/10 of the year. Can't stop thinking about it.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 3

I really do love this movie. I wasn't planning on seeing it again so soon, but I was downtown today and after a bit of shopping and lunch I couldn't think of anything better to do and there's no other movie out right now I'm interested in seeing again.

12:30 show was almost 95% full, there were a few seats left in the first 3 rows and some scattered singles. As I was leaving I noticed the 3:45 show was already sold out, nothing else on the board was listed as SO or even Low Seats.

I could watch Emma and Ryan together all day, and since Crazy, Stupid, Love. is on TV tonight I probably will. I just love the whole scene between them when they get to Jacob's house right up until Jacob  passes out and Hannah kisses him and snuggles up to him for the night.

3 minutes ago, laudemhirjan said:

This is already #29 in IMDb's Top 250 by the way! Chazelle has two films in the Top 50 now. New Nolan (except beloved by the Academy) confirmed :ohmygod:

@MrPink is having a bad year.  Nolan is being challenged by auteurs Villeneuve and Chazelle in the same year!  Will Dunkirk prove Nolan still has that magic touch?  Will Luc Besson, the visionary director of THE FIFTH ELEMENT! (and Lucy) beat Dunkirk on that same weekend?  Find out next time on Directors, Drive in Theaters, and Profit Dives, only on the ShowNamesThatYouComeupWithInOneSecond Network!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

@MrPink is having a bad year.  Nolan is being challenged by auteurs Villeneuve and Chazelle in the same year!  Will Dunkirk prove Nolan still has that magic touch?  Will Luc Besson, the visionary director of THE FIFTH ELEMENT! (and Lucy) beat Dunkirk on that same weekend?  Find out next time on Directors, Drive in Theaters, and Profit Dives, only on the ShowNamesThatYouComeupWithInOneSecond Network!

Pretty sure I'm having a bad year because I can't get a girl to go with me to this movie. :depp:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Pretty sure I'm having a bad year because I can't get a girl to go with me to this movie. :depp:

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Grab her ass.  It's worked well for Ethan before.

Or try complimenting them like do Nolan

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

2017 is a Pink Year. Dunkirk. White Man (and Prince Oberyn) Goes to Asia Movie to Keep Out Matt Damon. Mass Effect: Andromeda. Godgers back in the playoffs. And so on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

2017 is a Pink Year. Dunkirk. White Man (and Prince Oberyn) Goes to Asia Movie to Keep Out Matt Damon. Mass Effect: Andromeda. Godgers back in the playoffs. And so on.

Godgers is always in the playoffs tho. McCarthy will find a way to screw it up :sadben:

Will Eli vanquish him though? I need a Green Bay Super Bowl.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Godgers is always in the playoffs tho. McCarthy will find a way to screw it up :sadben:

Will Eli vanquish him though? I need a Green Bay Super Bowl.

Eli v. Brady Round 3 is quite the storyline though.