Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

15 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Depends on what you mean by "original musical," but Moulin Rouge was an original musical released back in 2001.

Snatch him by the roots, binch!

Does he not remember the iconic #1 Billboard SMASH, Lady Marmalade???

Where Christina basically snatched all her contemporaries and became associated with this CLASSIC song.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I was talking more live-action and theatrical, so I excluded the Disney movies and High School Musical, but I did forget about Moulin Rouge (Although it is a stretch for me since it's a jukebox musical) and I have no idea what Coolio's movies are.

There was this obscure film called Chicago that won something called an Oscar? Idk for sure.

17 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think that this will make over $100m dom like some are predicting. It's not going to appeal to the widest audience possible.

I think it will depend on its wide OW. If it opens at 20M or over, 2 weeks of holidays + oscar buzz will carry it pretty easy to 100m. If it opens lower though it might miss the 100m mark.