Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Explain to a non-believer: why do you feel this movie is "magic"?

The music is top notch the story is well done, the conflict is well thought out and the ending is fantastic.  Since this could very well win awards for its music you must imagine how good that is.  Since it is up for an Oscar it is a different type of movie and sometimes different is great.  In this case it was.

14 minutes ago, carolwoodpr said:

The music is top notch the story is well done, the conflict is well thought out and the ending is fantastic.  Since this could very well win awards for its music you must imagine how good that is.  Since it is up for an Oscar it is a different type of movie and sometimes different is great.  In this case it was.

I guess aside from technical aspects I just don't get it. 

1 hour ago, Joel M said:

Just saw this. I was pumped for this since the first trailer and remained so after all the backlash and the movie still blew me away. I'm def going to see this a second time during the week and delve more into it, but it already felt more meaningful than just "pretty fluff to take your cares away". We'll see, but right no I just loved everything. The colors, the music, the songs, the Stones, the Goslings. EVERYTHING. 

Also Eva Mendes. Gurl wake up! if you let them do one more movie together, it's over.

Lol. I think Gosling has a thing for older woman though. Bullock, McAdams, Mendes, they're all older than him.

But I do love to see them collaborate again. I really like their chemistry. They're better than lots of other frequent collaborations, the JLaw/Cooper combo for example.

38 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Explain to a non-believer: why do you feel this movie is "magic"?

Because it's neither too cutesy nor too cynical, it blends those two things flawlessly. Because it's extremely charming and yet it feels very real at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Because it's neither too cutesy nor too cynical, it blends those two things flawlessly. Because it's extremely charming and yet it feels very real at the same time.

It was neither cute nor cynical. Just kind of bland.

I really like the ending, though.

Edited by cannastop

9 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I don't really agree with any of those things, I guess. 

8 minutes ago, carolwoodpr said:

Try enjoy it without thinking about the technical side.  Yes, I know it's hard, but just try to enjoy it.

No, the technical side was what I liked. I didn't like the characters (which is probably an answer to Goffe's reply too). 

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't really agree with any of those things, I guess. 

No, the technical side was what I liked. I didn't like the characters (which is probably an answer to Goffe's reply too). 

You don't like the characters Mia and Seb, or don't like the actors?

6 minutes ago, carolwoodpr said:

You don't like the characters Mia and Seb, or don't like the actors?

I don't like the characters. I'm lukewarm on Stone (she's fine, I think she does a good job in all her movies, but I'm not over the moon on her), and I like Gosling a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Goffe said:

LLL only works as much as it does because of its characters.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

For me, to the extent it worked at all was in spite of the characters. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I don't like the characters. I'm lukewarm on Stone (she's fine, I think she does a good job in all her movies, but I'm not over the moon on her), and I like Gosling a lot. 

Not liking the characters makes it hard to like a movie.  In that case, I wouldn't waste your money on seeing it again.

• Like 1

Just now, carolwoodpr said:

Not liking the characters makes it hard to like a movie.  In that case, I wouldn't waste your money on seeing it again.

Well, I watched the screener. A friend of mine, who loved it, says this was entirely the wrong way to watch and I need to see it with an enthusiastic, embracing audience that will laugh at all the insider-y LA jokes (like the Winter title card, which I admit was amusing). So there's a small chance I'll try this -- although it depends a great deal on Mrs. Tele and our free time and what other movies are out there.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Well, I watched the screener. A friend of mine, who loved it, says this was entirely the wrong way to watch and I need to see it with an enthusiastic, embracing audience that will laugh at all the insider-y LA jokes (like the Winter title card, which I admit was amusing). So there's a small chance I'll try this -- although it depends a great deal on Mrs. Tele and our free time and what other movies are out there.

You can always rewatch this weekend and the next day see a new movie.  Or depending on the times do a double feature.

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

She's gonna drag you to Fifty Shades of My Inner Goddess 2, isn't she? Suck it up.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's because Tele's one man L.A. show Tele's Tall Tales where he just performs scenes from michelle monaghan movies "to prove how easy it is and how she's not even a talent anyway" didn't get him the Hollywood break he expected. bitterness.

:rofl:

Dead.