Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

The movie certainly plays well with general audience. 

I watched this again yesterday with a big group of friends. Like 1/3 of my classmates and more, lots of couples. This one will play so well over Valentine Day.

That epilogue though, there was so much crying and sniffling I hear from the girls lol.

Edited by Sam

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

"Sebastian isn't trying to save Jazz, geez guys!"

Oh really? Then why does he lament the dying of the artform while trying to open a jazz club of his own?

It's not a ridiculous interpretation, come on now.

Yes, it is. Not to go all BKB, but it's millennial bullshit.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yes, it is. Not to go all BKB, but it's millennial bullshit.

How so? "Jazz is dying. I won't let it die".

How is that not "saving Jazz"? Regardless if you're super-offended by it, it seems to be a fair enough interpretation of his ambition.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cannastop said:

"Sebastian isn't trying to save Jazz, geez guys!"

Oh really? Then why does he lament the dying of the artform while trying to open a jazz club of his own?

It's not a ridiculous interpretation, come on now.

"Jazz is dying!"

obnoxiously asserts the white douche in front of an african-american band playing a wicked tune and surrounded by black folks dancing and enjoying the jazz music. Yeah right, "jazz is dying". I'd say the black people surrounding him are doing a good job to keep it alive before he crashed the place to pontify and wax doom and gloom to appear as the jazz white knight in the eyes of his latest fling. 

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Movies have dealt with people having nearly impossible dreams since... When were movies created again? Yeah. People are just nitpicking. You don't like the film? Too bad, but that's fine. You can complain about a million things you want, but don't complain yourself when people give valid reason to disagree with your complaints.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't believe "why does ryan gosling want to save jazz" is the new "why doesn't superman save those civilians". What a time to be alive.

well, you didn't answer either of those questions. I'm waiting.

How so? "Jazz is dying. I won't let it die".

How is that not "saving Jazz"? Regardless if you're super-offended by it, it seems to be a fair enough interpretation of his ambition.

the I want to save jazz attitude completely shifts to I iust want to open my place and make music I like throughout the movie.