CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

With the early number, I have hope that Luke Evans remains as Dracula (haven't seen the movie yet, seeing it tonight) I still don't know if they ever do another stand alone Dracula movie, but I don't see why they won't have Evans be in a crossover movie.

• Like 4

Misleading.

Box Office Mojo website has been shut down, as the site currently redirects to IMDb.

- That doesn't mean it was shut down.  It could be temporary.  

Box Office Mojo was acquired by IMDb in 2008 and seems to have been absorbed by its parent company, which itself is owned by Amazon. At the time, Box Office Mojo said it would remain a stand alone company.

- Again, could be technical issues.

Box Office Mojo is a critical tool for movie industry executives in Hollywood who look to the site for real-time box office results and historical and comparative data. It was founded in 1999 by Brandon Gray as a three-person company headquartered in Burbank.

IMDb has a vast collection of data on films, but is lacking in detailed data on box office metrics. It is unknown how IMDB will incorporate the Box Office Mojo data into its system. The layout for Box Office Mojo is set up solely for an in-depth look at box office metrics, while IMDb fills many roles, highlighting trailers, movie stills, cast lists and fan commentary.

- Making assumptions

IMDb has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment and there has been no official word or message posted from IMDB or Box Office Mojo's official Twitter accounts.

- So why are you making these leaps on your own?

• Like 2

So now the real question is for Dracula is tnat how much will it gross? If it drops big 55 million domestic if it does alright between 65-75 million domestic at least in the higher end

I'd guess $65 million. It's an action tentpole so it won't crash and burn like your average horror film. 

So now the real question is for Dracula is tnat how much will it gross? If it drops big 55 million domestic if it does alright between 65-75 million domestic at least in the higher end

Yup. If it has similar second weekend drops like other action horror films I wouldn't expect much more than 60m.

• Like 1

Does anyone know whats up with boxofficemojo? the website brings be too IMDB. some people are talking on fb like it's being removed/merged with IMDB. that can't be true can it? I've been checking that site almost daily for nearly 10 years!

Edited by KaloVisor

Misleading.

Box Office Mojo website has been shut down, as the site currently redirects to IMDb.

- That doesn't mean it was shut down.  It could be temporary.  

Box Office Mojo was acquired by IMDb in 2008 and seems to have been absorbed by its parent company, which itself is owned by Amazon. At the time, Box Office Mojo said it would remain a stand alone company.

- Again, could be technical issues.

Box Office Mojo is a critical tool for movie industry executives in Hollywood who look to the site for real-time box office results and historical and comparative data. It was founded in 1999 by Brandon Gray as a three-person company headquartered in Burbank.

IMDb has a vast collection of data on films, but is lacking in detailed data on box office metrics. It is unknown how IMDB will incorporate the Box Office Mojo data into its system. The layout for Box Office Mojo is set up solely for an in-depth look at box office metrics, while IMDb fills many roles, highlighting trailers, movie stills, cast lists and fan commentary.

- Making assumptions

IMDb has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment and there has been no official word or message posted from IMDB or Box Office Mojo's official Twitter accounts.

- So why are you making these leaps on your own?

when I check boxofficemojo yesterday. it said it was going through maintenance. that is the biggest more accurate source for movie box-office in the world. there is way too many people who check that site isn't there? they can't shut it down. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. it's kind of a strange addiction to me/and I check it as a way to relieve stress. 

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 1

lol, and I actually just looked to see how far ahead of other fincher movies Gone Girl is but then I remembered. Where the hell am I gonna go for shit like that now?

The Numbers.

• Like 1