grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

I want to believe that, but nobody has said anything. And when there is no actual info, rumors will always pour in to fill the void.

Sean Saulsbury being skeptical is the only nugget of anything. Maybe someone SHOULD check the headers...

Edited by TServo2049

BTW, speaking of IMDB, is there any use to that site what so ever? Their forums are shitty, their design is awful to navigate through, and whatever good info they have about cast and crew can be found in other places. I mean, the Top 250 thing is cool, but when you combine how much people overvalue it, how people actually give great films 1/10 so their favorite film can rise in the rankings, and so forth, it becomes something cynical as opposed to something fun.

• Like 1

The cast/crew info is still unparalleled, when the info is legit, accurate and complete. (I should know, I worked my butt off watching obscure movies/TV and copying down credits, and was actually the #1 contributor in 2008.)

Of course, I have nowhere near the time I used to (life got in the way), but even if IMDB has turned to crap in some ways, the original core element of cast/crew is still there amid all the garbage that has been built around it.

Edited by TServo2049

BOM was the best site by a million miles. BoxOffice is alright though much less usable. And IMDB is just a shithole, it has no stats of any importance whatsoever, it is displayed horribly... God, they can't do this.

Not only is it a great site but I actually need it. I'm currently doing a research project that is required for me to go to the university i want to get into, and I'm doing mine in box office analysis. Needless to say, my data is coming from BOM, as no other site offers what they had.

This had better just be a technical problem and a temporary redirect while they resolve problems. That wouldn't surprise me, given how inconsistent and unstable the site was, but still, I'm freaking out right now. It's promising that earlier on the site said it would be back soon - and it seems a bit odd for IMDB to not announce anything if they are shutting the site down.

• Like 3

I really hope this is just technical issues or an update

Box office mojo was the first box office set I ever used and I started using it in like 2009. Since then I am always checking the daily/weekend numbers, release schedule and new dates for films, old films totals, new titles and way more. The layout is amazing and the information is fantastic.

It can't go :(

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Well after the whole forums debacle, I always thought this was inevitable.

Interestingly, at the bottom of the crappy chart IMDB has, they have a link called "See more box office results at BoxOfficeMojo.com". Clicking it leads to....BOM's twitter page.

Well after the whole forums debacle, I always thought this was inevitable.

Interestingly, at the bottom of the crappy chart IMDB has, they have a link called "See more box office results at BoxOfficeMojo.com". Clicking it leads to....BOM's twitter page.

Just checked on Wayback Machine and that link did definitely used to redirect to boxofficemojo.com (as of a few days ago), so it has been actively changed to the Twitter account. Not a good sign :(