CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Abrams will probably be digging up his old script for "FLYBY."  ...Let's just hope Luthor doesn't turn out to be a Kryptonian... 

Abrams just struck a massive production deal with Disney rival WarnerMedia, which could get his hands on Superman, Batman, and the rest of the DC Comics pantheon — there are a notable number of Superman toys among the whimsical decorations downstairs. “We haven’t had those discussions yet,” Abrams says, not quite convincingly.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/star-wars-jj-abrams-secrets-of-skywalker-912362/

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2k said:

Loved what Sony did with spider-man in ITSV. Hope WB/WAG can do something like that with Superman. Portray him in a novel manner in a more imaginative medium.

Yeah Spiderverse made sense and it was great because it flowed a well established , well developed character from the comics.This one...not so much...

2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

R.I.P. Superman?

I thought it would be fine if they took the route that Batman and Spider-Man are taking where only the supporting cast gets “woke”

Yes, a black Superman would kill a franchise that had turds like Justice League, BvS and Superman IV. People's fear of diversity is so fucking weird.

Edited by TMP
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

People's fear of diversity is so fucking weird.

This is gonna get Ghostbusters 2016 type reception if it happens. Even if it’s Calvin Ellis and he’s well written, I’m sorry but it’s gonna stir up a lot of controversy and I don’t see how overseas audiences will receive it

Im sorry if that offends you.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

This is gonna get Ghostbusters 2016 type reception if it happens. Even if it’s Calvin Ellis and he’s well written, I’m sorry but it’s gonna stir up a lot of controversy and I don’t see how overseas audiences will receive it

Yeah, Ghosbuster 2016 flopped because it had women in it and not because it was a reboot no-one asked for with awful trailers, based on a brand that was never that big to begin with. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Any movie will have detractors no matter what, if it’s good and has a good release date it will make money. Having an alternate universe Superman like Calvin Ellis could be a massive hit if done right.

If you haven’t learned by now that the loud annoying people online who complain about everything aren’t representative of the GA I don’t know what to tell you. 

9 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Are we living in 1930?  What would be so "controversial" here?  Will Smith was being eyed for Superman back in the late 90s/early 2000s.  There's nothing offensive about the idea, and it's merely laughable when ignorant opinions on recasting iconic characters are parlayed out with absolutely no basis in reality.

News for the panicking closet racists that would complain about this online or elsewhere...wait for it...this movie may never happen.  It was merely discussions about ideas...which happens every day in the industry.  And even if it did happen...the world will move on...and your beloved Superman will survive, no matter the incarnation.  Clark Kent's Superman been around for 80 years, he's not going anywhere...even when he dies. 

Warner Bros.' task at this point is simply... "How do we get people to buy into Superman again?"  And they may be willing to try new ways of doing that.  Isn't that the very creativity in storytelling and character that so many critics of Hollywood complain is not there? 

Anyway, Variety is still pretty clear that a new Superman movie is not going to be made for a number of years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1