CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

I still love Lindelof's Phineas and Ferb episode lol

Lost is on Hulu, his Ferb ep is on D+, Leftovers/Watchmen on Max, I guess all he needs now is a quibi and a Netflix special

23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Lindelof away from the script.

Or just hire someone else to rewrite the script enough when Lindelof turns his draft in that all he (Lindelof) gets in the end is a "story by" credit.

Edited by 35MM-18
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The Mission Impossible franchise has yet to crash and burn, FWIW.

Like Mission Impossible III. Star Trek and The Force Awakens are all good competent films I just rather see someone else get the chance to do something more special with a Superman movie. Especially with how the latter two franchises ended up (Mission Impossible got fortunate with Bird and now McQuarrie steering the ship).

53 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I think he mentioned Skywalker would be his last movie

He said it would be his last Star Wars movie, but I don’t think he said it would be his last movie in general. Still, I have serious doubts that would get him to compose a new Superman film when he’s in his 90s. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Not sure how a corpse could write a Superman film, but having the guy who wrote The Princess Bride and All the President's Men do a Superman film  has my full support.

You obviously have no idea what about William Goldman that I'm referring to.  And no, I'm not suggesting him for the gig, because yeah...death is kind of a blocker... but it's not for Hollywood in stories, these days!

6 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Lindelof away from the script.

5 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Or just hire someone else to rewrite the script enough when Lindelof turns his draft in that all he (Lindelof) gets in the end is a "story by" credit.

Seems weird to be so against the notion of a writer as good as Lindelof on this.

45 minutes ago, TMP said:

Seems weird to be so against the notion of a writer as good as Lindelof on this.

Lindelof sucks at movies. He's a good idea guy for an idea which can be dragged to tv length. Get his movie idea and hand it to someone competent.