Rise of the Planet of the Apes

51 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Rise of the Planet of the Apes

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

8/10. Much better than expected; I really liked how they kept the story simple and to the point (what a difference to the bloated SF movies and novels of today!). They even kept away from the romance, I don't know how they got that script greenlighted by marketing but that took some balls!

The photography was perfect. The CGI was not that good; the faces were nearly perfect but the action scenes and body animations not convincing. And the music was a bit foreground in many scenes. But overall, very enjoyable and straightforward movie!

edit: of course Andy Serkis will never get an Oscar for these roles, but I bet he'll get a lifetime achievement award someday in the near future!

Edited by IndustriousAngel

One of the best films of 2011.  The slow rise of the apes was fascinating to watch.  I also loved how they had Caesar gain the trust of all the apes, especially the giant dude in the cage.  And of course, for me, the scene that brought a lump to my throat was when Caesar said "NO."  This is the kind of film I wish was based in reality.  I'd love to see abused and mistreated animals rise up one day and turn the tables on their human oppressors.  

9.5/10

• Like 8

I saw this movie a couple years ago and I liked it so I didn't expect I'd love it this much when I rewatch it but man this movie is great. It is one of the best blockbusters in recent years: it gives you the story with no unnecessary shit, makes you think about it and it entertains for an hour and 40 minutes. It has something for everyone: leaving home and growing up, losing your loved ones and rebellion against the system. Everything is well executed and well paced and I really can't complain about anything.

10/10

Bring me the Dawn!

• Like 2