TalismanRing

TUES #s (11.4.2014) [Rth: Interstellar 1.1-1.2, THR: $1.5m expected in first 24 hours. Wrap: $1.5m for Tues & Wed]]

How bad would $1.2m through Tue and Wed be ? Let's be conservative, give it $14 average ticket price, 3 shows per day per screen $1,200,000 / $14 / 249 / 2 / 3 = 57 So 57 admission per show, average attendance less than 20% (57 people / 300+ seats) .... Where is the must see in IMAX buzz ...

How bad would $1.2m through Tue and Wed be ? Let's be conservative, give it $14 average ticket price, 3 shows per day per screen $1,200,000 / $14 / 249 / 2 / 3 = 57 So 57 admission per show, average attendance less than 20% (57 people / 300+ seats) .... Where is the must see in IMAX buzz ...

But that is like legitimately not possibly because both showings I went to were sold out 500 seaters. 

• Like 1

Here comes firedeep!

• Like 6

But that is like legitimately not possibly because both showings I went to were sold out 500 seaters. 

It's possible for some theatres to be packed and some empty.  An average doesn't mean there were exactly that many people in each theatre.

Also it may be lower because people may have been bumped due to projector errors, like the ones who will need to see it the next day instead.  You know they're not paying twice if the problem was with the theatre.

If you had three 500 seat theatres that errored and needed to issue free showings to people, that drops the amount of money made by as much as 21,000.

Moral: Check and double-check your equipment BEFORE people show up.

Edited by Sal

1.2M would be Weds gross.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

There are more shows per day, but IMAX theaters are pretty full and 35mm theaters (which outnumber them 4:1) are pretty empty.

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_ne45j14cWv1s7pxgj.gif

There's definitely IMAX buzz here.  I already mentioned it in the main thread, but my local IMAX has sold out all showtimes from today until next Thursday.  And the only reason it doesn't go further is because it's not available yet to buy tickets for next weekend.

• Like 1

There's definitely IMAX buzz here.  I already mentioned it in the main thread, but my local IMAX has sold out all showtimes from today until next Thursday.  And the only reason it doesn't go further is because it's not available yet to buy tickets for next weekend.

Where's your IMAX?

So nolan is done directing after this new type of John carter flop.

$165 million is no John Carter ($300-350 million actual budget I believe).

This will gross $500-800 million WW and turn a tidy enough profit where no one will be upset. 

Nolan's pretty much guaranteed himself 5-10 years of funding with TDK, Inception and TDKR.