grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Like 250m and higher. Even BOM and BO did.

I haven't completely ruled out those numbers but they seemed high for a hard sci-fi drama.

I thought you were talking about the OW. Maybe it was because of INCEPTION? I didn't expect that to make what it made.

Almost. This is the best:

Of course time is Better, I meant the soundtrack from Inception is better.

Looking at it Inception had a strange storyline however it was a novelty to audiences. It was exploring about your dreams and your thoughts which everyone can somehow relate to. Add in the famous actors added and that Nolan was God after TDK, audiences were far more receptive to that  film then Interstellar.

Also I have not seen Interstellar but it appears Inception is far better or would appear to far more liked by GA then Interstellar .

• Like 2

Ah so the film may not end up quite the success many expected so now the general consensus is "anyone who expected a big gross for this kind of film is stupid" is it?

Dat Nolanite effect.

More like not understand why people are disappointed when a film matches tracking and studio expectations

Of course time is Better, I meant the soundtrack from Inception is better.

Looking at it Inception had a strange storyline however it was a novelty to audiences. It was exploring about your dreams and your thoughts which everyone can somehow relate to. Add in the famous actors added and that Nolan was God after TDK, audiences were far more receptive to that  film then Interstellar.

Also I have not seen Interstellar but it appears Inception is far better or would appear to far more liked by GA then Interstellar .

I'll see it on Monday and it'll have some big shoes to fill. Inception is Nolan's only A+ movie for me.

• Like 1

I thought you were talking about the OW. Maybe it was because of INCEPTION? I didn't expect that to make what it made.

I don't know how to describe it, people I knew really were into Inception even before release. I have not heard a word from anyone outside of the internet in my circles for Interstellar in comparison. 

However one of the dancers is a huge Nolanite. Its odd meeting Nolanites in person, they actually exist  :ph34r:

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Aside from being hokey/sappy/corny, Interstellar is just a really long movie that plays long.  Gone Girl was about 140 minutes, iirc, but the time flew by and  I would have liked it to go on a bit more.

And what is the big deal with Jessica Chastain?  She was OK, but I don't think she did anything any other actress couldn't (thought the Twilight girl was much better, believe it or not).   It's a mystery why some actors become the hot property of the year.

I don't know how to describe it, people I knew really were into Inception even before release. I have not heard a word from anyone outside of the internet in my circles for Interstellar in comparison. 

However one of the dancers is a huge Nolanite. Its odd meeting Nolanites in person, they actually exist  :ph34r:

You need a pair of these -

c296779ded63aeb673904df81c6fa70d.gif

Its the only way to see the Nolanite propaganda.

• Like 1

It was more like 70-90 million but I do remember somebody predicting 100 for this.

I'll be honest. I didn't make any prediction for this but 80 M? 90 M...100 M? That's expecting too much. It's almost three hours, not in 3D and has a serious theme. An opening similar to GRAVITY is perfectly fine.

I was kinda hoping 70 M not just for this but for BH6 as well. Let's hope they both co-exist with THG: MJ I during the Thanksgiving weekend and make November 2014 a box office blast.