grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

All I can say is some people need to stay away from predicting box office....hell even stay away from posting in these threads with their stupid posts filled with hyperbole and shit.

Just become lurkers and go boxofficemojo to learn seasonal percentages drops/increases etc

Good opening for BH6. Intetstellar is opening under expectations, it is still an alright opening for an original 3hr long sci-fi movie. If this wasn't a Nolan film, people wouldn't be as disappointed with this opening as they wouldn't have expected as much.

• Like 7

You guys are out of your mind if you think WB isn't going to throw money at Nolan. This is a hard sci-fi film that focuses on drama and exploration with only a couple of action scenes. I'd go so far to say that there was only ONE.

It has been generally well received, so there is no way WB will lose any faith in Nolan. He was, and still is, one of the most reliable directors working today.

I'm about to see this again. I'm curious as hell to see how it holds up.

• Like 7

All I can say is some people need to stay away from predicting box office....hell even stay away from posting in these threads with their stupid posts filled with hyperbole and shit.

Just become lurkers and go boxofficemojo to learn seasonal percentages drops/increases etc

People can perdict what they want, however people should predict on the box office not on fanboyism alone. 

• Like 6

You guys are out of your mind if you think WB isn't going to throw money at Nolan. This is a hard sci-fi film that focuses on drama and exploration with only a couple of action scenes. I'd go so far to say that there was only ONE.

It has been generally well received, so there is no way WB will lose any faith in Nolan. He was, and still is, one of the most reliable directors working today.

I'm about to see this again. I'm curious as hell to see how it holds up.

Brad Bird?

Just out of curiosity whose expectations is Interstellar opening under?

boxoffice.com had it long range $79m at some point

boxofficemojo.com had it at $60m

the-numbers had it at $62m

in the IS over Inception OW club all but 3 had it easily over Inception

(I thought about $55m or so)

• Like 2

I feel (and I have always felt) that the problem with Interstellar is that sci-fi (expecially if they are in space) is not what the public is not interested in. Unless you count Gravity as sci-fi it has been quite a while for the last succesfull one (I do not know what film thta would be). Interstellar is obviously not a flop, but I do think that is even harder for this kind of films to be made in the future.

• Like 1

boxoffice.com had it long range $79m at some point

boxofficemojo.com had it at $60m

the-numbers had it at $62m

in the IS over Inception OW club all but 3 had it easily over Inception

(I thought about $55m or so)

I think Paramount was also expecting between 50 M - 60 M.

I feel (and I have always felt) that the problem with Interstellar is that sci-fi (expecially if they are in space) is not what the public is not interested in. Unless you count Gravity as sci-fi it has been quite a while for the last succesfull one (I do not know what film thta would be). Interstellar is obviously not a flop, but I do think that is even harder for this kind of films to be made in the future.

In principle you are right, but the success of Gravity contradicts you!

I think there should be a big distinction between sci-fi adventure movies (like StarWars,StarTrek, AVATAR,...) and classic sci-fi movies (like Prometheus,Gravity,Interstellar,...) The former have far better BO chances than the later.