grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

2nd source also telling me #Interstellar wknd ended up just under $47M. SUN dropped 34%, not 21% as Par predicted. $49M cume since WED.

Haha. Whoa. That does NOT bode well for WOM. Early, early though. Hefty drop from Saturday.

Tele, do have plans to see Birdman? I know baumer's intrigued to hear your views in RTM and, honestly, I am too.

• Like 1

In no particular order. My five would be...

Boyhood

Gone Girl

Interstellar

Nightcrawler

Grand Budapest Hotel

Other notable mentions:

The Imitation Game, Edge of Tomorrow, GOTG, ROTPOTA, Lego Movie, Locke, Calvary, 22 Jump Street, Starred Up, The Raid 2, Godzilla, Pride, Maps to the Stars, Fault in Our Stars, X-Men, A Most Wanted Man, Winter Soldier, HTTYD2

Cannot wait to see Birdman

I need to see Maps To The Stars. Ugh. I love Cronenberg. You already saw Imitation Game?

Haha. Whoa. That does NOT bode well for WOM. Early, early though. Hefty drop from Saturday.

Tele, do have plans to see Birdman? I know baumer's intrigued to hear your views in RTM and, honestly, I am too.

Sunday is football day. Interstellar's demographic was at home watching the games. I don't think it has anything to do with word of mouth but moreso the unrealistic drop stated by Paramount.

• Like 3

Sunday is football day. Interstellar's demographic was at home watching the games. I don't think it has anything to do with word of mouth but moreso the unrealistic drop stated by Paramount.

That and the movie is almost 3 hours long, which isn't going to play well on Sunday night when people need to go to work in the morning. 75% of its audience is apparently over 25 years old.

• Like 2

according to Paramount sexsplit 52:48 but 75% over 25

do elder women watch so much football in the USA?

Edited by Rudolf
  • Like 1

That and the movie is almost 3 hours long, which isn't going to play well on Sunday night when people need to go to work in the morning. 75% of its audience is apparently over 25 years old.

Yeah the long runtime is definitely an issue. I was trying to figure out a way to squeeze a showing of Gone Girl yesterday afternoon.  I couldn't do it and the next showing was 6:45pm. Too late for a Sunday.

• Like 1

Sunday football affected it a lot I guess. Wonder if Vet's Day will give its Tues a boost.

ETA: What Ecstasy said :) 

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 2

For me the only turn offs to Interstellar were the run time (it was hard to get anyone to go see it with me because of this) and all the scientific language they used through out the film (although I doubt most people knew this beforehand).

• Like 1