grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Is that a holiday for everyone or only for (Vietnam?)veterans?

Not everyone (like me). But schools, government and banks are closed as well as other businesses.  That's a huge chunk of the U.S. population.

• Like 2

How many people are even off for Veterans Day? My company doesn't give us that day off. Is it just government and bank employees?

I'm off tomorrow. That's why I'm seeing Big Hero 6 tonight and then either St. Vincent or Dear White People tomorrow. Anyone here see Dear White People? Looks more intriguing than St. Vincent so I'm leaning in that direction.

That is a pretty bold overestimate from Paramount though… all for the sake of, "IT GROSSED $50 MILLION OW!" 

That said, I'm disappointed that it didn't get higher, if only to have two top grossers in the $50 million range. Interested to see how good the legs are, if it plays like a typical Nolan film.

BH6 is so much love though. Wish it could've broken $60 million, but it increased from WIR and likely on track for $200 million plus. 

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

As if anyone believed that Interstellar wouldn't fall from its $50m estimate. LOL. 

But this is funny. 

I think the estimated Saturday to Sunday drop of just over 20% growing to an actual drop of just under 35% is what caused some commotion. But, as you said, it was to be expected.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

That said, I'm disappointed that it didn't get higher, if only to have two top grossers in the $50 million range. Interested to see how good the legs are, if it plays like a typical Nolan film.

It's not a typical Nolan movie and I'll be surprised if it plays like one. Expecting poor legs. I loved the movie but will be shocked if audiences turn it into a domestic hit.

• Like 2

That is a pretty bold overestimate from Paramount though… all for the sake of, "IT GROSSED $50 MILLION OW!" 

Let's wait until the actuals come in to call them shameless.

So it looks like the 5-day is actually under 50M.

Will Paramount dare announce that, or will they borrow a little bit from Tuesday and Thursday to claim 50.1?

Big Hero 6 will easily be number 1 next weekend. Dumb and Dumber To just won't click enough with today's audiences to get much past $30m. It should beat Interstellar though. As far as I see ATM:

1. Big Hero 6 - $37m

2. Dumb and Dumber To - $29m

3. Interstellar - $25m

• Like 1

BH6 is so much love though. Wish it could've broken $60 million, but it increased from WIR and likely on track for $200 million plus.

22JS did the same thing this summer to get $60m. Then the actuals came in way under. But since that wasn't Paramount nobody seemed to care much.

Most of the population doesn't even notice this. We are just part of that community that does.

• Like 4

22JS did the same thing this summer to get $60m. Then the actuals came in way under. But since that wasn't Paramount nobody seemed to care much.

Most of the population doesn't even notice this. We are just part of that community that does.

Oh yeah. They do it all the time. Universal did it for Bourne Legacy to get to 40m headlines. The actuals came in at 38m.

Studios overestimate the weekends all the time. I think Paramount gets on the hot seat for fudging actuals. They've done it twice already.

• Like 6