grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

I've said all along it could very easily flop hard, so the "everyone" bit is not a fair thing to say. Telemachos is another one who has said from the beginning that it had an uphill battle to do well at the box office for a variety of reasons and he was laughed off the forum by a number of people here.

As for IMAX, I'm glad they gave Interstellar more than a two week run. Gives me more time to go see the film multiple times on a big screen without having to rush back within the first week or whatever. It was frustrating this summer how every week there was a new movie taking over the biggest screens.

Of course i dont mean everyone literally. Not calling you wrong, just statin how I dont think October wouldve been any better. Even if you moved this to 2015, I just dont see where it wouldve went. 11/7 was the best place for success and BH6 was good counter-programming. That uphill battle just eneded up being true and probably wouldve stayed true wherever it went. As for IMAX, thats great for people who can afford it and have access to IMAX, but they probably shouldnt have casted MJ1 out. I mean Equalizer got IMAX.

The movie is doing fine, people. Some just got too carried away and overrated Nolan's drawing power, I guess. The fact that this will end up with around $150M in the end is pretty remarkable. The movie wasn't an easy sell at all, so really, this is pretty much a best case scenario.

• Like 2

The movie is doing fine, people. Some just got too carried away and overrated Nolan's drawing power, I guess. The fact that this will end up with around $150M in the end is pretty remarkable. The movie wasn't an easy sell at all, so really, this is pretty much a best case scenario.

actually it likely won't make a profit theatrically so it really isn't doing all that hot

actually it likely won't make a profit theatrically so it really isn't doing all that hot

I think WB will make a profit from the theatrical gross, but Paramount needs a WOM miracle just to break even. Luckily for them they have WB's rights to Friday the 13th and South Park for future movies. That will help them make back their losses on Interstellar's domestic box office.

I think WB will make a profit from the theatrical gross, but Paramount needs a WOM miracle just to break even. Luckily for them they have WB's rights to Friday the 13th and South Park for future movies. That will help them make back their losses on Interstellar's domestic box office.

And they have dat Optimus Prime money too

• Like 1

If you're going to put out a risky megabudget movie, it doesn't hurt to release it the same year as a guaranteed box office juggernaut. I assume Paramount doesn't have anything close to a Transformers type hit scheduled for next year.

Terminator will be a bigger bomb, tho  :ph34r:

• Like 1