Dumb and Dumber (1994)

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

All of Jeff Daniels' noises is what sells it.

Toilet scenes are often juvenile, crass, and dumb. But this is just a toilet scene with so much commitment from all parties involved that it's amazing. The stomping at the end will always kill me.

• Like 3

I was 15 when this came out.  I moved that year and had no friends, so I watched Ace Venture and The Mask repeatedly and became a Jim Carrey fanatic.

When this came out it was like mana from the heavens.  I saw it 6 times!  

It hit Instant just last week I think and it was the first time I had scene it in at least 10 years.  I could still quote it word for word.

The snowball to the face is still my favorite part.  He fucking NAILS her right in the face point blank.

All of Jeff Daniels' noises is what sells it.

Toilet scenes are often juvenile, crass, and dumb. But this is just a toilet scene with so much commitment from all parties involved that it's amazing. The stomping at the end will always kill me.

There are a lot of moments in this movie that would've been total flops if it was anyone else besides Jeff Daniels in the role.  Take the the "Bulldog + A Shitzu = BullShit" joke for example, its utterly stupid and low effort but the look on Jeff Daniel's face when he says it followed by the huge laugh he makes immediately afterwards cracks me up every single time.  Dumb and Dumber is either a miracle movie or an accident, its amazing how such a stupid movie is as legitimately funny as it is.

• Like 2

Awful toilet humor in this one. I liked it when I first watched it in the theaters now I can't stand it . I despise all this American "humor" that has cursed comedies form one point and onwards and I think that this was one of the first . The eighties movies (the nerds franchise, the porkys movies) did it better and far less offensively .