Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I've got some secret info about all these big-budget tentpoles.

Get ready...

For realz...

With every single one of them the studio is trying to milk people of their money.

But one book into 3 parts is a little excessive....even by Hollywood's standards.

• Like 1

I would not make up something as horrific as that. There is a rumor that Sony is thinking about making an Aunt May movie. That doesn't mean that they will, but the rumor is that they are considering it. This is not April fools....this is a real rumor.

Edit: Supposedly, in the film, Aunt May used to be a spy and the movie is about her spy adventures.

Was that in the comics?

On another note: That old lady with the machine gun in the first Captain America always reminds me of Aunt May from the Tobey SM movies.

• Like 1

Deep freeze weather only benefits Frozen. That was some of the GREATEST ever marketing from Disney with the weather last year. :ph34r:

They had the power, so they used it. Note how they had Elsa say "The cold never bothered me anyway"--that was both an inspiration and a challenge for audiences to brave the freezing conditions to get to the theater. Sheer genius! ;)

• Like 2

Was that in the comics?

On another note: That old lady with the machine gun in the first Captain America always reminds me of Aunt May from the Tobey SM movies.

Nope. Not in the comics at all. Sony thought this up all on their own. Their think tank thought it up.

• Like 2

Was that in the comics?

On another note: That old lady with the machine gun in the first Captain America always reminds me of Aunt May from the Tobey SM movies.

It was in one of the worst Spidey comics of all time.

It was poorly so received Marvel retconned it right after it finished and never released it in Paperback. A total embarrassment.

It also turned out May was Spideys mother.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

But still, it was a significant jump over AOTC... 80m without the benefit of format changes or wildly different theater counts is impressive no matter how you slice it.

True, but it did have the advantage of ticket prices rising a lot faster than they do today. A 10% jump from 2002, between 2010 and 2013 ticket prices jumped only 3%. Not to diminish its actual performance though, which was very impressive.