Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I'm not one to defend the 'interestingness' of Marvel, but DVC? Really?

The idea was genius. It was a religious/conspiracy thriller. It's my favourite genre by far. Dan Brown is a genius and Tom Hanks was fantastic, even though I liked Angels and Demons more.

• Like 1

Me too. I want JA to surprise a bit, I really wanna see how Maze Runner 2 does OS and I'm curious if In The Heart of the Sea will become an adult hit. Before Inferno and Conjuring 2 were moved, they were my most anticipated movies when it comes to BO tracking.

I'm excited for INSIDE OUT and THE GOOD DINOSAUR. Also excited for JUPITER ASCENDING, MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, PITCH PERFECT II, TOMORROWLAND, INSIDIOUS III, ANT-MAN, PAN, (yes) THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., THE MAZE RUNNER: SCORCH TRIAL, THE JUNGLE BOOK, THE MARTIAN and KUNG FU PANDA III.

• Like 1

Very interesting how it opened exactly in line with Deathly Hallows 1.

A decent number of moviegoers see this for what it is....a cash grab by greedy executives.  No different than the first two Amazing Spider-Man reboots coming in below expectations.  Many audiences can smell that there is no real need for them to exist.

Edited by Ando81

A decent number of moviegoers see this for what it is....a cash grab by greedy executives.  No different than the first two Amazing Spider-Man reboots coming in below expectations.  Many audiences can smell that there is no real need for them to exist.

The Artist is a cash grab.

So is ET

So is WallE

So is every film in the history of film.

Hollywood is a business.  

• Like 8

The Artist is a cash grab.

So is ET

So is WallE

So is every film in the history of film.

Hollywood is a business.  

Hollywood might be a business, but that doesn't mean every movie ever made is a cash grab. There are plenty of art films out there that are about as far from a cash grab as you can get.

• Like 2

However looking into the past there were non blockbuster films that made insane amounts of money. 

Like imagine a 2.5 drama like The Firm making over 300 domestic today? 

OR a story about a Divorce (Kramer vs Kramer) making 350 million? 

• Like 2

Hollywood might be a business, but that doesn't mean every movie ever made is a cash grab. There are plenty of art films out there that are about as far from a cash grab as you can get.

Name one.  Seriously, tell me a major studio film that was made  in the hopes that they would NOT make money for the studio,

• Like 2