grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

Looks like Spielberg delivered a fun film which I imagine audiences will eat up, WB have enough pull quotes from the reviews and reactions to really ramp up the marketing.

I imagine the RT score will be similar to Tintin and The BFG so it’ll be fresh either way 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Do people actually think that Ava has proven to be as good of a director as freaking Spielberg? Especially when it comes to crowdpleasing blockbusters? lmao.

Spielberg could make terrible filns for the rest of his career and he will still go down as the greatest filmmaker of all time 

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 5

I'm not excited for the "Wow, Ready Player One was actually good?" hot takes on the Internet (mainly twitter).

I mean, it's fucking Steven Spielberg. Don't act too surprised, you wankers.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I'm not excited for the "Wow, Ready Player One was actually good?" hot takes on the Internet (mainly twitter).

WB hates is all around. Morons like Screen Junkies and other same idiots constatly create toxic vibe around their projects. 

And don't deny this. 

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Mate, current Spielberg doesn't warrant that level of trust. He makes perfectly acceptable historical dramas, and serviceable family films, but this last great movie was released in 2001 (or 2002 I guess if you loved Minority Report). If this turns out to be really good, I'll accept that I was wrong leading up to it. But don't act like people were so crazy for doubting it. This isn't the 80s/90s Spielberg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Mate, current Spielberg doesn't warrant that level of trust. He makes perfectly acceptable historical dramas, and serviceable family films, but this last great movie was released in 2001 (or 2002 I guess if you loved Minority Report). If this turns out to be really good, I'll accept that I was wrong leading up to it. But don't act like people were so crazy for doubting it. This isn't the 80s/90s Spielberg.

Cmon, don't act like Spielberg is all that different from back then. Yes, his films aren't as good as they used to be, but none of the recent ones have divulged under anything less than decent. He still warrants that level of trust. If he made 5 crappy films in the next three years, he'd still warrant that level of trust. And I'm not even a Spielberg fan.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

"Сatch me if you can" also. Is last.

Nah, Last great Berg film was Duel.

He peaked as a tv director around 71-72-ish.

The plastic shark movie was ok and it all comes down to whatever afterwards.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

He made two brilliant films in 2002, how can you forget 'Catch Me If You Can'? He's made two blockbusters since  (indy 5 and WOTW), both of which were very successful and the guy decided to take a break by making historical dramas which have all turned out to be pretty successful. How someone can say he can't be trusted is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he’s been consistent through the decades. 

Spielberg really good/great movies:

70’s - Jaws, Close Encounters

80’s - Raiders, ET, Last Crusade

90’s - Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan

00’s - Minority Report, Catch Me if You Can, AI, War of the Worlds, Munich

10’s - Bridge of Spies, The Post, Lincoln

Even his lesser efforts are always well worth seeing. There’s no filmmaker I trust more to be honest. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

WB hates is all around. Morons like Screen Junkies and other same idiots constatly create toxic vibe around their projects. 

And don't deny this. 

I don’t remember them being toxic about CREED.

25 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So the embargo is lifting for this 3 weeks out but Tomb Raider is coming out THIS week and only has reviews from some Asian trades so far. 

WB going all in on RPO. 

Yup.

but hey, don’t blame WB on TR being dumped in favor of RPO. It’s the Internet’s fault! /s