grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

6 hours ago, Treetanic said:

There was a secret screening at the same time at my cinema, I thought I was being smart by spending the £5 entry to see RPO in 2D rather than the free unlimited version in 3D only. Instead I got love simon. Sad times

Cineworld did a secret screening last Tuesday and it was Love Simon. 

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

No, it's just clustering.

It's been apparent for a while that a significant chunk of reviewers will have a hostile reaction to the film.  Nothing to be concerned about unless it is a larger chunk than thought.

After Black Panther (not as great as I hoped) and A Wrinkle in Time (much better than reviews suggest) I'm wary of critics right now. 

TOMATOMETER 

79%
Average Rating: 7/10
Reviews Counted: 42
Fresh: 33
Rotten: 9

Top Critics still stuck at 4/4

Not too shabby.  Given how much some folks hate it, I would expect it to stay in the 60s when all is said and done.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It still kind of feels like a cheat, considering that a 10/10 review was posted twice. 

Eh, there are several positive reviews from major outlets and trade publications that aren't factored into the avg at all.  That weighs on the early avg far more than one double printed score.