grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

As we see how much he talked about flop for RPO-  he definitely want it))

When have I talked about wanting RPO to flop? I’ve explicitly stated that I hope it does well. The Hollywood box office is in desperate need of a shot in the arm right now. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this, thank goodness.  There are some major changes from the book but the main broad strokes are there.  I won't go into anything other than that since it would come too close to spoiling things

• Like 1

You thought Warner Bros stopped showcasing their catalog of properties in “The LEGO Movie” & “The LEGO Batman Movie”? Boy, that was just the beginning. Nearly every film and video game property that Warner Bros owns appears in “Ready Player One”. Every horror film icon, blockbuster icon, and, especially, video game character that WB has the legal rights to make an appearance. But then, on the same level as “Wreck It Ralph”, you see plenty of other characters and icons that you’re familiar with popping up as cameos. Instead of it being so in-your-face, they’re in the background with something to do but surprise you in a way that triggers your nostalgia.

This movie is the closest thing you’ll get to a MUGEN adaptation if I’ve ever seen one because, instead only putting several pop culture characters in here, they brought EVERYTHING! From movies, anime, manga, TV, and video games, the film embraces the lore of pop culture and presents it to you in in the best way possible. “Ready Player One” is a huge love letter to the 80s from the gaming, music, and movies. Adam Sandler is currently beating himself up as we speak for fucking up “Pixels” so bad.

To see this written world of Cline’s OASIS come to life is amazing. Whenever the film focuses on the OASIS, which is the primary reason you’re going to see this movie anyway, the film shines. The OASIS is such a spectacular, visual splendor to look at that you’re immediately immersed into the world. It has the “Wakanda effect” where this fictional world has so much imagination and clever ideas flowing like a systematic community that you wish it was real so you could live there (or at least visit).

FULL REVIEW HERE: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//ready-player-one-review

• Like 2

was go

3 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

DA BERGGGGGGGGGG!!!

This was Dopeeeee. Its nice to have a real proper adventure blockbuster again and not a big TV episode. I really liked it. More than expected. The music was great. Score works perfect in the movie. Good balance with the pop music. 

A few to many, lets pause the story for a nostalgia gag which in return makes the characters scenes feel a tad rushed and I wasn't a fan of TJ miller but other than that technically a extremely well done film no surprise from DA BERG. Khan did a fantastic job editing the movie intercutting between both worlds. 

The Man is  71 years old and fucking killing it making a hipster millennial movie for the masses. My theater was near full and lots of older people and they seemed to dig it.

I'm looking forward too it, I was going to see it last night but I got a friend had to postpone until the weekend.

This film looks really up my street.

Also about 71 years old, you never lose it. Berg is among the most talented directors and has the most experience making blockbusters of anyone.

Even Ridley Scott hasn't lost it,  he is just making bad script and movie choices.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

was go

I'm looking forward too it, I was going to see it last night but I got a friend had to postpone until the weekend.

This film looks really up my street.

Also about 71 years old, you never lose it. Berg is among the most talented directors and has the most experience making blockbusters of anyone.

Even Ridley Scott hasn't lost it,  he is just making bad script and movie choices.

And when he doesn't make bad choices, he makes great stuff like The Martian or (according to everyone that saw it) All The Money In The World.

Too bad that, for every Martian, you get a Counselor or a Exodus, and for every All The Money, you get a Prometheus or a Robin Hood. And yet still, he's still gonna be Ridley fucking Scott forever, the same guy that brought us Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and Thelma & Louise.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And when he doesn't make bad choices, he makes great stuff like The Martian or (according to everyone that saw it) All The Money In The World.

Too bad that, for every Martian, you get a Counselor or a Exodus, and for every All The Money, you get a Prometheus or a Robin Hood. And yet still, he's still gonna be Ridley fucking Scott forever, the same guy that brought us Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and Thelma & Louise.

Prometheus and Robin Hood, while questionable scripts, they were directed very well. I don't think he's lost it as some others do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Prometheus and Robin Hood, while questionable scripts, they were directed very well. I don't think he's lost it as some others do.

I agree that they were well directed movies, but the scripts were horrible and they ruined the movies. But yes, Ridley Scott has mastered the technical craft of filmmaking. Even something like Alien: Covenant, which was a really dumb (but entertaining) slasher movie, was beautifully directed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree that they were well directed movies, but the scripts were horrible and they ruined the movies. But yes, Ridley Scott has mastered the technical craft of filmmaking. Even something like Alien: Covenant, which was a really dumb (but entertaining) slasher movie, was beautifully directed.

completely agreed

• Like 1