grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

The Lost World is good.

I guess my worst 5 Spielbergs would be:

1) Minority Report

2) Temple of Doom

3) Saving Private Ryan

4) Bridge of Spies

5) The Post

but tbh he doesn't make really bad movies. these are just weak.

Crystal Skull is the WOAT Spielberg. Don't care if it's an easy or overdone opinion, it's also the truth.

Also down there at the bottom of the pit: 1941 (overlong, monotonous and unfunny), Lost World (stooopid... though it's as good as the original compared to the gasthly Jurassic Park III).

5 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

1) Minority Report

3) Saving Private Ryan

I respect all opinions but this one is just the worst, man. :apocalypse:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I rewatched Crystal Skull a couple years ago and thought it was fine, no its hardly classic Indiana Jones but it's alright, I enjoyed it.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Crystal Skull is the WOAT Spielberg. Don't care if it's an easy or overdone opinion, it's also the truth.

Also down there at the bottom of the pit: 1941 (overlong, monotonous and unfunny), Lost World (stooopid... though it's as good as the original compared to the gasthly Jurassic Park III).

I respect all opinions but this one is just the worst, man. :apocalypse:

I have't seen 1941 so can't comment.

Minority Report is a bit crap, sorry, it's true. Spielberg ties himself in knots and then gives up because it can't end the way he wants it to. It has some tense scenes though.

And no I dont like SPR, as I said it's not a very bad film just not really my thing. I haven't seen any really bad Spielberg movies.

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Jurassic Park, Lost World, and War of the Worlds are my favorites. Probably a common opinion among GA teenagers/young adults I imagine. 

As a young adult myself, Jurassic Park IS my favorite Spielberg :rofl:  It's honestly close to perfect imo. Granted, I have childhood bias for it, but even as a grown up man, I can't really fault anything but minor nitpicks in JP1.

Lost World is dumb as fuck, though. It's mildly fun to watch, but that's it. Not horrible, just... not good. War Of The Worlds... it's fine, I guess. Pretty boring in parts, though.

7 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

I rewatched Crystal Skull a couple years ago and thought it was fine, no its hardly classic Indiana Jones but it's alright, I enjoyed it.

I have't seen 1941 so can't comment.

Minority Report is a bit crap, sorry, it's true. Spielberg ties himself in knots and then gives up because it can't end the way he wants it to. It has some tense scenes though.

And no I dont like SPR, as I said it's not a very bad film just not really my thing. I haven't seen any really bad Spielberg movies.

Totally disagree on Minority Report and Crystal Skull but again, to each their own.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

54 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

The Lost World is good.

1) Minority Report

2) Temple of Doom

3) Saving Private Ryan

4) Bridge of Spies

5) The Post

but tbh he doesn't make really bad movies. these are just weak.

WTF am I reading. Is this bizarro world?

• Like 2

If every director had as much freedom as Spielberg as far as choosing his projects, Hollywood would be in life support, barely breathing air.

Most Spielberg movies bore me out of my fucking mind these days because of the subject matters of his movies.

Seeing Lincoln-Bridge of Spies-The Post in a row would put anyone in induced coma.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, HockeyPads said:

WTF am I reading. Is this bizarro world?

Okay, let me put it this way.

Here are all the Spielberg movies I have seen. They are all better than those 5, therefore those are my bottom 5.

Duel

Jaws

Close Encounters

Raiders

ET

Poltergeist

Indy 2

Indy 3

Hook

Jurassic Park

The Lost World

Saving Private Ryan

Minority Report

Catch Me If You Can

War of the Worlds

Indy 4

War Horse

Bridge of Spies

The Post

Edited by Treetanic

Just now, The Futurist said:

If every director had as much freedom as Spielberg as far as choosing his projects, Hollywood would be in life support, barely breathing air.

I'm not sure what this means, Spielberg is one of the most consistent long time working directors. Most of his lesser films would be career highlights for 99% of working directors in Hollywood. And his best films are unfuckable with.

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Tintin is underrated Spielberg. Not in the top 5 for me but maybe top 10.

Spielberg top 10 is not an easy one to enter.

I imagine most would have 

Schindler List

ET

Jurassic Park

Saving Private Ryan

Jaws

Raiders

Comfortably above Tintin and after that you have

Close Encounter, AI, Catch Me if you can, Munich, Minority Report (really solid top 11 right there), Color Purple, Lincoln, War of the Worlds, Duel, etc...

Even the top 14 is not easy to crack in.

• Like 2