Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

On 5/19/2017 at 7:30 AM, Cookson said:

Yes... Way too many questions left unanswered. Like...

Hide contents

how did Walter create the eggs with the facehuggers? How did he know that scenario would create the perfect alien, the Xenomorph? This really annoyed me, because I feel like Ridley really wanted to show how you get the Xenomorph after seeing different ways to get a alien in Prometheus and Covenant...

I assumed that 

Spoiler

David did create everything.   He was pretty big on the fact that he was a creator, remember.   I got the sense he was fine tuning everything over time and was curious how his new methods would work.   ...Thus the need to acquire the crew and keep Daniels and Tennessee alive.

My big gripe

Spoiler

was not telling me why David killed the engineers.   They hinted that he found out something about them he didn't like.   I guess in a way it makes it fun to guess.   ...But an occasional real answer wouldn't hurt either.

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Because they know people will buy these and buy the next boxed set too.

most hilarious one is this one

91q-KG5EKQL._SX342_.jpg

I think most people could wait one more movie so they don't have to have it awkwardly sitting next to the box 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, John Marston said:

Whats the point of there will be more?

Funny you say that because I brought the 20th Anniversary set when it was just 4 films.   I think they should wait until "Awakening" and do the full set.   Since we are about to be at the 40th Anniversary, this is why I think they are doing this set.   Please, Star Wars released how many sets?  Legendary franchises seemed to do the "Box Set" Releases more.  

Image result for Alien Legacy 20th anniversary dvd

14 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I think that's mainly due to Michael Fassbender's excellent performance. 

The good:

1. Fassbender

2. Beautiful, awesome visual and cinematography

3. The xenomorph always looks cool

The bad:

1. Muddled script. 

2. Forgettable non-Fassbender characters

3. GA can't get the vast majority of self-references. 

The verdict: Is this the level where we want the franchise to be? Definitely not! Still far preferable to the great majority of movies out there. I'rather watch Covenant for 2nd and 3rd time than bother at all with POTC5 or Baywatch. 

Edit: I'm not really sure if the first box-set I ever bought was this, or Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition

e3306e770c6c6cbf842385e11bfbb6b3.jpg

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 1

Just now, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Wow.. Seems like the more I read the reviews of this movie, the more I'm thinking of saving my hard earned $$$$ and just waiting for it to come to Video ON DEMAND for $5.00.. :popcorn:

Or you can just rewatch Prometheus and you've pretty much seen 90% of this movie.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Wow.. Seems like the more I read the reviews of this movie, the more I'm thinking of saving my hard earned $$$$ and just waiting for it to come to Video ON DEMAND for $5.00.. :popcorn:

If you are an "Alien" fan in any way, shape or form, then you have to go and see it. Or even if you just want to have major movies other than SH or Star Wars or recycled Disney kiddie fare, then again, you have to go and see it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Dude, just see the movie. You keep on making random and thoughtless remarks like this. It's kind of like when you kept saying you didn't know how Jason Bourne could continue the story :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

13 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

You know?? Come to think of it, discount Tuesday's at RONNIES 20 CINE/IMAX has this on IMAX 2D on Tuesday for $6.00 before Noon.. Now, I'd be onboard for not just how cheap it is, but IMAX 2D as well..

Get going, because POTC takes over ever IMAX soon :lol: 

Saw it this afternoon. It's about middle of the Pack for the Alien saga.

Grade: B-

Fairly predictable, not that that makes it bad but you could see how it was going to end by about midway 2nd act. 

I appreciate what Ridley Scott was going for as well and he mostly achieved it. 

A much better film, predictability and all, than Prometheus cause at least there are no stunningly stupid character actions based on their professional background titles at least. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

A much better film, predictability and all, than Prometheus cause at least there are no stunningly stupid character actions based on their professional background titles at least. 

I think that they still feel really stupid to me a lot of time, but a lot of it is my own limitation, I need to actively remind myself that it could the 10 times they get down on a planet for the very first time in their life and nothing happened in any of those and that they have much more advanced scanner technology.

For a large of the audience (or at least me), going on a unknown planet for the very first time without glove and mask is extraordinary wreckless and arguably stupid, not being amaze to see trees (anything) on that new planet a bit strange and so on, but for those 22th century explorer I imagine it is day to day work by then.

At least they let sick people on a small explorer ship and not the main one, but it is still strange to let people with an extremely violent alien unknown sickness goes on it (instead of an external hazard quarantine controlled tent that feel like should be the common protocol).

It almost feel like part of the genre that they act like they do by now (that movie played with it, extremely poor leadership and all around incompetence was a wanted part of the story this time) .

Easiest complaint Its all supposed to be couples yet we don't even know who the fuck is married to who, until they are dying. The characters are all lack-luser and have basically no real motivation.

Yeah, what was up with all the couples? Felt like a stupid teen slasher.

Just now, Captain Craig said:

Saw it this afternoon. It's about middle of the Pack for the Alien saga.

Grade: B-

Fairly predictable, not that that makes it bad but you could see how it was going to end by about midway 2nd act. 

I appreciate what Ridley Scott was going for as well and he mostly achieved it. 

Spoiler

They should have explain about Elizabeth Shaw and more emphasis on the Engineers than about the Aliens too much.  I mean I was excited to see the preview of the Covenant when Elizabeth Shaw was alone on the ship and helped rebuilt David and came to the Engineers planet or home world perhaps and go from there.  And then have the Covenant cast come in afterwards.  Instead it created more questions.

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah, what was up with all the couples? Felt like a stupid teen slasher.

The space mission involve living on the destination planet, no one would go on a mission like that without their spouse, normal to expect a disproportional amount of couple in the crew.