grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

6 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Skimmed through the 'original' THE CELLAR script from the Hit List. Spoilers follow:

Hidden Content

The non-spoiler version - this is a pretty cool original sci-fi-ish concept that the Cloverfield shoehorning could potentially ruin.

I am pretty sure they added a few scenes with the monsters. If they didn't and that is the only scene IMAX worthy it is gonna be even more hilarious.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am pretty sure they added a few scenes with the monsters. If they didn't and that is the only scene IMAX worthy it is gonna be even more hilarious.

Yeah probably.

But it'd be ballsy as shit if they kept the story as in the script and not shoehorn the Cloverfield monsters/universe in and it's Cloverfield in name only, like the AHS anthology thing....

Edited by antovolk

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Yeah probably.

But it'd be ballsy as shit if they kept the story as in the script and not shoehorn the Cloverfield monsters/universe in and it's Cloverfield in name only, like the AHS anthology thing....

They couldn't release it in IMAX. I mean they could, but c'mon... Some disaster scene involving the monster has to be there. If the movie was just that they wouldn't throw the Cloverfield name into it and they would dump it in January and not in March with an IMAX release :lol: 

Just now, CJohn said:

Some good stuff here.

Again, I will be super disappointed if I don't get a disaster scene involving the creature. 

Spoiler

All points out that the main villain here is something about the size of a parasite of the first cloverfield. maybe is the same parasite.

3 minutes ago, Belakor said:
  Hide contents

All points out that the main villain here is something about the size of a parasite of the first cloverfield. maybe is the same parasite.

Yes, but I am talking at the end. They can easily throw a scene with the big monster at the end. 

Loved the first, maybe my ultimate guilty pleasure movie, though really if it wasn't for the internet backlash I wouldn't think it was something to be too guilty about, I think it's pretty good. Regardless, I'm excited for this no matter what it is, because that cast is aces, the trailer is intriguing, and Damien Chazelle wrote it. 

If it really is a Cloverfield sequel, we need T.J. Miller back STAT though. Re-animate his corpse or something. Never enough TJ Miller. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

btw, I think you guys are making a huge leap from "this movie is a blood relative of CLOVERFIELD" to "okay, there's gonna be some cool monster stuff at the end".

totally agree.  So far, unless they are purposely lying about it, they have said is not a sequel in any way so not sure what to expect.  I can just go by the trailer which was pretty generic and uninteresting to me.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

btw, I think you guys are making a huge leap from "this movie is a blood relative of CLOVERFIELD" to "okay, there's gonna be some cool monster stuff at the end".

They said IMAX so it must have some scene with the big ass monster :ohmyzod: