grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

BTW, I think the film in the opening of the thread:

On 12/9/2014 at 2:47 PM, grim22 said:

Is different than this. Mostly because it's a different director, writer, and studio, and it was announced to have a director attached after this was done with principal photography.

Holey Moley... I just love it when a movie surfaces that simply never was on my (or in this case mostly anyones) radar. The connection to the Cloverfield universe sure leaves much room for speculation, as does the news/rumors about this being a shelved movie with just some additional shootings added to make it fit in besaid ballpark. However, I am sold on the trailer. I like it when I have to go to the cinema to find out what the movie is about after all. Sure doesn't happen this often anymore in this day and age. As for the Cloverfield monster(s) being featured in this or not, I don't really care as long as the movie's good. Apparently either there is something big stomping on the ground above this bunker - or they're just playing us for fools (and was just an explosion or plane crash in the end). If this comes to cinemas at the end of march, then sure as hell I'll be getting there too. :o) And being able to watch Goodman in a rather rare "serious" role doesn't hurt either.

Edited by incognitoo
correcting typo
  • Like 3

Wow that might be the best trailer of 2016 and it came completely out of nowhere. Absolutely awesome use of music.

The Butterfly Effect did the same thing with Stain'd "It's Been Awhile" way back and more recently Guardians Of The Galaxy with "Hooked On A Feeling".

I'm a huge fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead so I'm in. Surprised it's not in found footage style. The original was such an intense ride in theaters and broke the all big movies are garbage in January curse (not accounting for awards late releases).

You had to be there in 2008 to remember all the speculation about it. People thought the monster was a lion for the longest time.

Can't wait!

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 6

I remember Cloverfield being one of those huge viral movies with speculation going crazy since the trailer was released in front of TF with a release date but no title. Meaning that for at least four months, people referred to this movie as "1-18-08" until the three titles "Monstourus", "Greyshot" and "Cloverfield" were leaked. Before Abrams revealed that it was a giant monster movie done in found footage, people thought it was a number of things, including a Voltron reboot. 

Then the film was released and you had to create the backstory via using viral sites here and there and playing into the mystery. It's exactly what Tomorrowland tried to do and miserably failed.

The actual film was a neat experiment, but that's all I have to say on it. This movie seems like it's a film that comes from the same "universe", but deals with new monsters. The trick will be the audience making the connections through the hidden clues in the movie.

At least it has some great actors in it. I mean... Mary Elizabeth Winstead? Excuse me while I bat the cartoon hearts away from my head.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Cloverfield (even tho I find "found footage" gimmicky and unappealing), and after reading the hitfix article Tele posted, I'm slightly more intrigued than I was yesterday.

Btw, if y'all wanna see a fairly recent, very underrated monster movie, check out The Host.

• Like 7

Holy fuck that was the worst script I have ever read. Of course, it wasn't aimed towards me, as it has no Cloverfield connection or

Spoiler

any action whatsoever. 

I hope there is at least twenty or so minutes of Cloverfield action in the film, otherwise I won't bother. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Holy fuck that was the worst script I have ever read. Of course, it wasn't aimed towards me, as it has no Cloverfield connection or

Hide contents

any action whatsoever. 

I hope there is at least twenty or so minutes of Cloverfield action in the film, otherwise I won't bother. 

Hey, they hired the guy who wrote Whiplash to re-write the script so I´m expecting something good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Hide contents

any action whatsoever. 

They did reshoots in March. Hopefully they added the monster and the parasites. 

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

They did reshoots in March. Hopefully they added the monster and the parasites. 

There was a scene from the trailer that wasn't in the script, 

Spoiler

The scene were Howard (John Goodman's character) gets ready to open a barrel. Hopefully there is a dead parasite in there! 

Also, a scene in the script that really disturbed me, and which hopefully won't get in the film (considering it will probably be PG13) 

Spoiler

One of the characters tries to rape the character Michelle while drunk. Very disturbing. 

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

There was a scene from the trailer that wasn't in the script, 

Hide contents

The scene were Howard (John Goodman's character) gets ready to open a barrel. Hopefully there is a dead parasite in there! 

Also, a scene in the script that really disturbed me, and which hopefully won't get in the film (considering it will probably be PG13) 

Hide contents

One of the characters tries to rape the character Michelle while drunk. Very disturbing. 

Exactly. That is because there is likely a

Spoiler

dead parasite or part of it

in the barrel. Also, in the script, do they go to the conducts like in the trailer? 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Exactly. That is because there is likely a

Hide contents

dead parasite or part of it

in the barrel. Also, in the script, do they go to the conducts like in the trailer? 

Spoiler

Yes, Michelle does to mess with the air in the house as payback to Howard. Very disappointing. 

Also, what she sees outside are

Spoiler

two dead mutilated pigs is all. I'm assuming that is changed lol