grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

Actually, from what I've gathered, this was made a while ago under Paramount's Insurge division (the division that gave us The Devil Inside...) and has been sitting on a shelf as they've decided what to do with it and are making it look like it has something to do with the Cloverfield movie. My guess is that they're giving a movie that would likely just come and go quickly a "mystery" marketing campaign to build interest since no one would probably care otherwise. The movie certainly looks like a 10 minute short stretched to feature length.

• Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

That's why you should expect nothing, and then be pleasantly surprised (maybe).

Paramount must have something ready for the final marketing push. Something (relatively) big has to go down. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Actually, from what I've gathered, this was made a while ago under Paramount's Insurge division (the division that gave us The Devil Inside...) and has been sitting on a shelf as they've decided what to do with it and are making it look like it has something to do with the Cloverfield movie. My guess is that they're giving a movie that would likely just come and go quickly a "mystery" marketing campaign to build interest since no one would probably care otherwise. The movie certainly looks like a 10 minute short stretched to feature length.

I bet they decided to set it up on the Cloverfield world a few days before they put it in March. That doesn't sound like a dump date to me. They planned this. 

• Like 1

This trailer was a big ass tease. They will have something else later on showing the Monster. If the mo ster isn't in this, it'll be pretty flipping stupid.

Sure this might not have started out as a Cloverfield movie... But they didn't just throw that title in there for nothing.

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

That's why you should expect nothing,

We've got way too many younger movie-goers on this board who don't know how to temper their expectations or enjoy surprises. (Though I'll admit that even us older folk do it wrong sometimes too. Age of Ultron being a personal example for me, my expectations were way too sky high on that film.)

That 100-second trailer was enough to get me intrigued enough to watch this movie, I don't need to see any more. I ought to drop out of this thread for the next two months now that people seem to be actively searching for spoilers.

• Like 7

HitFix has an article about all the viral marketing/background mythology that got built into CLOVERFIELD. All this stuff was way more interesting and fun than the actual movie... so hopefully if this new movie has a connection to the original, it's through this original material.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/what-jj-abrams-didnt-put-in-cloverfield-does-it-finally-matter

1 hour ago, kitik said:

We've got way too many younger movie-goers on this board who don't know how to temper their expectations or enjoy surprises. (Though I'll admit that even us older folk do it wrong sometimes too. Age of Ultron being a personal example for me, my expectations were way too sky high on that film.)

That 100-second trailer was enough to get me intrigued enough to watch this movie, I don't need to see any more. I ought to drop out of this thread for the next two months now that people seem to be actively searching for spoilers.

I can understand teenage two pump chumps doing that, but not adults. Like, I could never get those who browsed the SW spoilers thread before having seen the movie.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Telemachos said:

@CharlesLandy: @DrewAtHitFix If it's 'Valencia' with a new title, then it's not Cloverfield 2. Saw a preview a few months ago, and it's big twisty fun.

Welp, if it's not Cloverfield 2, expect a big drop after OW

That said, I'll be there OW 

• Like 4

John Goodman has lost A LOT of weight... so they must have filmed this well over a year ago because he's still pretty big in this.

Anyway, I think Goodman's character is a bad guy in the post-apocalyptic world of the events from CLOVERFIELD. He might be a rapist or something... idk.... but that story is unfolding while the outside world is dealing with the events after CLOVERFIELD. I'm thinking the story is something like this... I'm just hoping the monster from the first movie is in this.