X-Men: First Class

69 members have voted

1. 1. Rate X-Men: First Class

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

One of the better Superhero films; I had much fun in the theatre but don't plan to re-watch this anytime soon. The main problem from my perspective was that James McAvoy could't deliver as strong a performance as Fassbender; the pair was a bit unbalanced.Could be that this was a script problem; it's always difficult having a hero with virtually no human faults. (Superman comes to mind; I found those rater dull)

As a reboot/prequel/something it was a strong step in the right direction, but it lacked some punch.They should have gone the full reboot route so they could have had the original first class (Beast, Cyclops, Storm, Angel (X-3's Angel, the real one), and Jean Grey). The middle of the film also got a little too campy.

Alright, I take that back.I was never really a fan of the series. Far too many characters to cram into a movie. Ensemble casts this big convolutethe story line and character development. When I am interested in a specific exchange or direction, it suddenly turns to a new character. I liked the Magneto development, Professor-X, the Revenge aspect with the coin. It probably had the most cohesive storyline of them all. Too many side stories.Even Oceans 11/12/13 suffer the same thing.*movie voice introduction*1 movie , 1 minute of screen time. They will crack a witty smiile, say a half wit line, show off their super power then move to the next character.Coming Soon ... X-Men : 100Catch Phrase : Try and figure this one out !

I gave it a C. I liked James McAvoy's take on the younger Xavier, and Wolverine's little cameo, but I was very disappointed by the film as a whole, and thought, except for maybe Magneto and Xavier, the rest were very weak. The women were portrayed as whores, and Magneto going all bad because his mother was killed, just seemed cliched. I'll take Bryan Singer's X-Men over anybody else! X-Men United set the bar that has yet to be passed in my opinion!

• Like 1

I really need to watch this again now that I have the blu ray. I loved it when I saw it in theaters. The best XMen movie. McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence are great and I love the beginning scenes in Germany with Bacon, mainly the cinematography.A-