Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

So my Unbroken showing was packed. Definitively a solid movie that played with my emotions. I agree with some of the critiques, would have traded 15 minutes of prison camp for more Olympics/post-war life, but overall very good and not deserving of that RT score. Crowd clapped at the end.

was your showing sold out? ant the others?

• Like 1

Seeing how today is Friday, Saturday numbers would have to be way too early to come out now.

Ugh! I want to like your post so much, but I apparently reached my like quota for the day. However, I will be back tomorrow. :D

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

Just curious, is clapping at the end of movies a common thing in American theaters? Always hear it mentioned. Never seen it happen once in the UK, however good a film is.

It's uncommon but not completely rare. I was holding my breath to see if it would happen with Unbroken and it did, albeit mildly- polite applause and a few woops.

• Like 3

It's uncommon but not completely rare. I was holding my breath to see if it would happen with Unbroken and it did, albeit mildly- polite applause and a few woops.

It has happened several times when I've gone to the movies, can't remember the last movie I saw that had an applause though.

• Like 1

Just curious, is clapping at the end of movies a common thing in American theaters? Always hear it mentioned. Never seen it happen once in the UK, however good a film is.

The last time people have clapped at the end of a movie was when I went to The Dark Knight Rises.

Fun fact: After my showing of the movie 2012, people clapped.

• Like 1

Only time I've ever experienced applause was at Battle of the Five Armies. But I don't know if maybe in Canada, people are more subdued (if that's the right word) I've never experienced booing at all.

• Like 2