Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

And in SoCal, sometimes you'll hear some whoop-whoops or even a name called out for some random person in the credits. It's kinda like Liittle League that way. :lol:

I always whoop a bit and point out the artist at Disney who used to work at my company. Good fun.

• Like 1

It's true that I feel like Jolie isn't reaching her fullest potential as an actress. you can see great stuff here and there but it's not rounded. though it's the problem w/ the system, great directors aren't knocking at the door for her like they do for her husband because so many of them make male centric stories and Jolie should be getting lead roles.

Same with meryl, people always complain about her not working w/ great directors, but when's the last time Scorsese or Fincher had a part in their movies that was worth her getting out of bed for?

PREACH 

He probably dislikes them for reasons unrelated to their acting ability.

Personally, most of Jolie's films are bland to me. When Kung Fu :Panda is the most enjoyable film you've been a part of, there's something wrong  :lol:

I haven't seen Girl, Interrupted though. 

but it is irritating seeing Meryl get an Oscar nod for everything she appears in. I'm half surprised she didn't get nods for Lemony Snicket and Mamma Mia  :D

Goddess was divine in Lemony Snicket and Mamma Mia. 

I don't think I will ever understand why Christmas Day is always so big. I mean who goes to the freaking cinema on Xmas?! I thought you're meant to be with your family and all that.  :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you don't live in America?

EVERYTHING is closed Christmas day.   

Except for movie theaters.

You might find a gas station or CVS or something that is open, but if you want to do anything, you have to go to the theater to do it.

Is it me or does the ending of Hobbit 3 look like a video game cutscene?

It's not just you. That climax looked like a video game to me also. Even Legolas taking down a whole elephant in ROTK didn't feel as much like a video game as him running up those crumbling stones in freaking slow motion...

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I'm guessing you don't live in America?

EVERYTHING is closed Christmas day.   

Except for movie theaters.

You might find a gas station or CVS or something that is open, but if you want to do anything, you have to go to the theater to do it.

No, I live in the UK. I asked my family at dinner if they'd ever heard of someone going to the cinema on Christmas Day and they hadn't, in their 50 years of existence, heard of such a thing. :P

I can't imagine anyone "doing anything" on Christmas tbh, cinema or otherwise.

It's not just you. That climax looked like a video game to me also. Even Legolas taking down a whole elephant in ROTK didn't feel as much like a video game as him running up those crumbling stones in freaking slow motion...

I don't happen to agree, but regardless, how is that a bad thing?

Edited by treeroy