CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Wow! I'm surprised Birdman is front runner now. I actually think at this point AS can pull an upset. Has there ever been a time in Oscar history where we got a BP/BD split three years in a row. If it happens this year, I think this might become a fairly common theme this decade. Maybe that will become the way of awarding what they feel is the runner up film.

• Like 1

Wow! I'm surprised Birdman is front runner now. I actually think at this point AS can pull an upset. Has there ever been a time in Oscar history where we got a BP/BD split three years in a row. If it happens this year, I think this might become a fairly common theme this decade. Maybe that will become the way of awarding what they feel is the runner up film.

In the thirties there definitely was 3 years in a row, I think 35,36,37. And I do agree we'll see them more often now. I think the past two years have almost changed the impression that Picture and Director have to go hand in hand. Although, I don't think Birdman is the front runner just yet; it always had really great chances here and at PGA; it'll be DGA that determines who wins I think.

• Like 2

I can't see Birdman winning Best Picture unless Keaton wins Best Actor. And that is looking highly unlikely at this point.

Exactly. If Redmayne wins best actor, and Linklater wins best director, what's the build-up to Birdman's win?

Although it's worth noting that the last two Best Picture winners only won a few other awards. New trend?

• Like 2

its weird that I find Eddie so atractive b/c my head tells me I shouldnt :D

he has that SOMETHING you cant describe

He's really not a 100% leading man pretty boys looks like some guys like Cooper, Cavill etc etc

I guess its the eyes  :wub:

Yeah so I kind of hated Boyhood. Beyond the 12 years a movie experience, it was kinda pointless? And very poorly acted. What's with the Patricia Arquette praise? She wasn't all that.

I agree with this. Like outside of the 12 years, OMG SO INNOVATIVE AND AMAZING AND BRAVE narrative, like the movie is just ordinary. 

• Like 2