CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Best Actor

Steve Carell (Foxcatcher)

Bradley Cooper (American Sniper)

Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game)

Michael Keaton (Birdman)

Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)

Best Actress

Marion Cotillard (Two Days, One Night)

Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything)

Julianne Moore (Still Alice)

Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)

Reese Witherspoon (Wild)

Best Supporting Actor

Robert Duvall (The Judge)

Ethan Hawke (Boyhood)

Edward Norton (Birdman)

Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher)

JK Simmons (Whiplash)

Best Supporting Actress

Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)

Laura Dern (Wild)

Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game)

Emma Stone (Birdman)

Meryl Streep (Into the Woods)

DIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!

ed06817b2233541c70acfc3395712d3dc09ca3fb
  • Like 3

Emma Stone was wallpaper in Birdman except for one obviously designed "oscar clip" scene which was maybe my least favourite scene in the whole movie. still, i like her a lot generally so I won't begrudge the nod. weak year for the category anyway.

Emma Stone was wallpaper in Birdman except for one obviously designed "oscar clip" scene which was maybe my least favourite scene in the whole movie. still, i like her a lot generally so I won't begrudge the nod. weak year for the category anyway.

Her scenes with Norton on the balcony are far better than the "THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE DOING THINGS" Oscah reel monologue but yeah, I do think she deserves a nomination.

Fuck Bradley Cooper btw. I may be most pissed about LORD MILLER being robbed, but Oyelowo gave a legitimately great performance that's my #2 of the year

Bradley Cooper deserves his praise. I get more and more impressed with him every movie. A complete douche in Wedding Crashers to a mentally unstable Eagles fan in SLP to a war solider to a raccoon. I like whats hes doing in his career. If I could choose 3 actors to be, he'd be one.

Hes the main reason Im seeing AS this weekend. You can say fuck whoever else, but not Cooper. Dude is a good actor.

• Like 2

Do you think Swinton should've taken one for her work in Snowpiercer?

Bradley Cooper deserves his praise. I get more and more impressed with him every movie. A complete douche in Wedding Crashers to a mentally unstable Eagles fan in SLP to a war solider to a raccoon. I like whats hes doing in his career. If I could choose 3 actors to be, he'd be one.

Hes the main reason Im seeing AS this weekend. You can say fuck whoever else, but not Cooper. Dude is a good actor.

He is a fine actor and take some demanding roles. I was hoping Jake G. would get rewarded for going out there and doing Enemy and then following that up with a dynamite performance in Nightcrawler.

Do you think Swinton should've taken one for her work in Snowpiercer?

I didn't like Snowpiercer overall and I must admit tilda's work there hasn't stuck with me. Much preferred her leading role in Only Lovers Left Alive but that was never happening.

• Like 1

Amongst all the complaining, the Oscars have consistently awarded films whose director/actor/actress/etcetcetecetc they wrongfully snubbed on better movies.

They should rename themselves the Apologist Awards, but, anyway, "That's life", so I guess, be happy that people you admire get their reward eventually. 

I didn't like Snowpiercer overall and I must admit tilda's work there hasn't stuck with me. Much preferred her leading role in Only Lovers Left Alive but that was never happening.

She was also outstanding in that one.

On a separate note, my favorite Supporting Actor work this year was Robert Pattinson in The Rover. I knew he wouldn't get one though.

You think that category is weak? Robert Duvall basically got in to the Supporting Actor category on default as there wasn't a clear cut 6th option. Maybe Affleck should have campaigned for Gone Girl, he may have got in if they had put in any effort.

I'm so angry over The LEGO Movie getting snubbed. Grrr.

Best thing about these is Laura Dern. Blah for both Carell (who didn't impress me that much for Foxcatcher) and especially Streep. Singing aside, all she did in Into the Woods was shout at everyone in a silly witch get-up. Anyone else wouldn't have even been in the conversation besides Streep just because she's Streep. Blah.

• Like 1