CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

You think that category is weak? Robert Duvall basically got in to the Supporting Actor category on default as there wasn't a clear cut 6th option. Maybe Affleck should have campaigned for Gone Girl, he may have got in if they had put in any effort.

Affleck was lead, I don't think he could have pushed for supporting... I was surprised they didn't just nominate Waltz by default since they love him so much.

You think that category is weak? Robert Duvall basically got in to the Supporting Actor category on default as there wasn't a clear cut 6th option. Maybe Affleck should have campaigned for Gone Girl, he may have got in if they had put in any effort.

Affleck was not a supporting character.

I'm so angry over The LEGO Movie getting snubbed. Grrr.

Best thing about these is Laura Dern. Blah for both Carell (who didn't impress me that much for Foxcatcher) and especially Streep. Singing aside, all she did in Into the Woods was shout at everyone in a silly get-up. Anyone else wouldn't have even been in the conversation besides Streep just because she's Streep. Blah.

Thats all you to do to get nominated for these awards. Take the AH cast as an good example.

• Like 1

Duvall getting in is lame but the other four guys were really, really great so I'm not gonna complain much. Though Actress is  clearly the strongest category performance wise, which is impressive considering Jennifer Aniston was very close to getting nominated for a movie I'm not even sure exists.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Duvall's been a lock for quite a while.  Also he could sleepwalk though a role [which he certainly doesn't here] and be better than Affleck on his best day.

As for Best Supporting Actress being weak - it is when it's snubbing Agata Kulesza , Chastain, Tilda & Russo 

• Like 1

The Oscars never fail to surprise everybody

Foxcatcher love but no BP? WTF

8 nominees in the year with the strongest competition to get room? WTF

Lego missing the cut in a 5wide Best Animated feature? WTF

Gone girl only one nom? WTF

Nightcrawler completely snubbed after strong guilds presence? WTF

Selma with only two noms but one of them is BP? WTF

Marion Cotillard and Bradley Cooper? WTF

Birdman out of the race in Editing? WTF

no Gone Girl best pic nom? wtf?! and Lego Movie Snumbed? even I who think it was a little overrated think it needed to get a nomination. at least that means HTTYD 2 is almost a shoo in to win now. Happy for the American Sniper love though, and Bradley Cooper nom. 

not gonna lie, was kind of hoping GotG, CA2, X-men or Dawn would get nominated for BP though...

• Like 1

Not bummed about Lego. Surprised, but since I didn't think it was nearly as good as several other animated films which I've seen, I'm okay with it. Plus it really didn't play that strongly overseas, which may have had an effect. (Did the release date being so early? I don't know.)

I am bummed "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" didn't get a Best Song nom. It's so much better than Everything is Awesome. (Powell not getting another score nom? Yeah, okay. It's a great score, but I understand why it didn't show up.)

Selma getting snubbed feels weird. It really does seem like they flubbed the release.

• Like 1