LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

I think this is the first time in years I've been rendered speechless over box office numbers.

That American Sniper number has gone past breakout and entered into the realms of the absurd.

• Like 2

The movie seems to be doing well all over. Most red states don't have a high population expect for Texas.

I was kidding even if I don t see the liberals of New York and California going nuts over the most efficient sniper in America s history but stranger things have happenned.

That $30 million number might be a bit skewed, remember last time Eastwood released a film daytime business was so huge that by the time Rth's late updates came in we had a drop of like 50% or something. Obviously Sniper is playing to a much wider and broader audience but never underestimate Eastwood's power to bring in the old folks/early daytime dollars.

• Like 2

FYI, American Sniper will be followed by one of Bradley Cooper s biggest flop.

Serena, a movie shot 3 years ago will have a tiny limited release in March and nobody will care because it s a terrible movie that was trashed by everybody who saw it. It s kinda fascinating that a movie which features two of the hottest actors of their time is having such a sad destiny. And yes, Serena is Jlaw.

Oh and Sony leaked emails are not to reassuring about the Cameron Crowe ´s movie that still doesn t have a freaking title 4 months before its release.

• Like 1