LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

Yep, AS is 100% a 2014 movie. No ifs or buts.

Deal with it.

I got motivated to sit on my ass for 2 and a bit hours. About to walk into AS.

You totally missed the point. Yes AS is a 2014 movie, and it will be counted as a 2014 movie ala GOTG, MJ1, Unbroken, etc... But if you look at the 2015 total box office #, any 2014 movie (including AS) that has made money since January 1,2015 will be counted in the 2015 domestic gross. Clearly $716M listed in the 2015 yearly gross didn't come from the movies that opened in 2015 alone.

From BOM yearly box office:

Total Gross is the calendar gross for that year, meaning actual revenues during the time period, including holdovers from previous year. For a full discussion of calendar grosses, see our page:About Box Office Tracking.

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

I'd rather the "I knew AS would do this" apolgoists every day vs "wahh wahh why is Sniper making so much! It sucks!" apologists everyday. So annoying.

Get the fuck over it, I was dealing with that all throughout LEGO's box office run

• Like 2

I'd rather the "I knew AS would do this" apolgoists every day vs "wahh wahh why is Sniper making so much! It sucks!" apologists everyday. So annoying.

Yeah I find people with attitudes small minded.

I am a fan of box office and of all films doing well. 

• Like 3

With how many sellouts this got, $22-24 million seems really likely. Not usual for a film to have 10:00pm sellouts in its 2nd weekend lol

That would be unbelievable down only 12-4% from last Friday minus previews. Hell if it hits Rth's high range it would be only down 16.7% from last week.  :blink:  :D

• Like 1

Shocker, what else do you expect from Fox News bro, the fact that this movie is playing well everywhere in the country has emboldened them to amp up their usual rhetoric.

To be fair, it's not a Fox release so I was surprised