LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

It will take a shot at #2 DOM of all time if it wins BP. I'm dead serious (though I wish I wasn't). The Academy better fucking not.

:huh: what? noooo

Avatar and Titanic had much better holds that even AS

Edited by eXtacy

Ah no, it will not pass 424m unless it actually wins best picture (which it wont)

Are you serious. This is behaving like a phenomenon. You cannot set any ceiling until we know how long it sustains. Domestic market does not slow down that easily. I am thinking 450m finish for now. Competition is weak and it will play well through to spring.

• Like 1

Are you serious. This is behaving like a phenomenon. You cannot set any ceiling until we know how long it sustains. Domestic market does not slow down that easily. I am thinking 450m finish for now. Competition is weak and it will play well through to spring.

Great first hold but all Oscar nominated movies hold great holds this weekend, lets wait to next weekend before we start chucking out 400-500m+

I liked American Sniper fine but I'd rather a great movie won, like Whiplash.

Yeah, Whiplash is the best out of the nominees, so it should win. However it has no shot unfortunately.

Edited by Empire

:huh: what? noooo

Avatar and Titanic had much better holds that even AS

Fun fact: Avatar will be less than 10m ahead of it through the same point after this weekend. Now of course Avatar was still in the midst of the Holiday season at this point, and I'm not suggesting it could ever take a shot at that. But It can take a shot at 500 (4.3x multi off its 2nd weekend), and 600 if it were to win big at the Oscars. Let's hope the legs die down though and this second weekend is not indicative of what's to come. Though second weekend drops for a big OW should be one of the harshest.

• Like 2

What is wrong with you guys we should be celebrating this b.oxoffice success

This is a boxoffice forum.

We shouldn't be attacking the film.

Yes there are personal opinions on it,but this isn't the thread for that!

• Like 12

What is wrong with you guys we should be celebrating this b.oxoffice success

This is a boxoffice forum.

We shouldn't be attacking the film.

Yes there are personal opinions on it,but this isn't the thread for that!

So if Oogieloves had been a 600m DOM grossing film, we should have all been celebrating?

• Like 1

They way you talk about Sniper you would think its having Oogieloves level of critical reception.

It's a fine film (albeit with many flaws as both a movie and a "factual" biopic), but to suggest that everyone should be happy for a movie's massive box office performance is silly. No everyone does not have to be happy about it. This may as well be an echo chamber if that were the case.

• Like 1

The help,the butler all had prominent caucasian(hope that's the correct spelling ) characters

I'm trying to understand what you mean when you say a purely black film. Do you mean something that deals with black issues?

I'm not even saying that you're right or wrong. I am just trying to first understand what you mean.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

The majority or GA, mostly caucasion ,wont go watch a film with black characters and where the major white characters are changed into villains, ala LBJ

Look at the diff btn the grosses of lincoln and selma?!

Edited by Donald
  • Like 1

If you have failed to understand what I mean then am sorry for you.

It is clear, you just quoted it!

What is wrong with you? Someone actually takes the time to ask you what you mean instead of A. jumping to conclusions or B. dismissing you and ignoring you... and you feel sorry for them. You have got issues. Go get help.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2