baumer

4 day Weekend Numbers

Sunday estimates are down substantially. War Horse dropped 27% on Sunday. :huh:200m is going to be close for MI4, I think the safe range is 195m-210m. Sherlock will finish with 170m-175m, essentially the Tron Legacy of the season (though down 20% from the last one in admissions). Alvin might get past 140m because of how little competition there will be in the kids market. Muppets and Dragon Tattoo are headed towards 90m and Tintin towards 75m. We Bought a Zoo should hold on well this month (it had a nice few dailies last week) and make 75m+. War Horse, I don't have a clue anymore, maybe 100m if Oscar season fares well for it. New Year's Eve will finish around 55m (half of Valentine's Day), Hugo around 60m, Young Adult around 17m-18m, and The Darkest Hour below 20m. And that's all she wrote for 2011.

Sunday estimates are down substantially. War Horse dropped 27% on Sunday. :huh:200m is going to be close for MI4, I think the safe range is 195m-210m. Sherlock will finish with 170m-175m, essentially the Tron Legacy of the season (though down 20% from the last one in admissions). Alvin might get past 140m because of how little competition there will be in the kids market. Muppets and Dragon Tattoo are headed towards 90m and Tintin towards 75m. We Bought a Zoo should hold on well this month (it had a nice few dailies last week) and make 75m+. War Horse, I don't have a clue anymore, maybe 100m if Oscar season fares well for it. New Year's Eve will finish around 55m (half of Valentine's Day), Hugo around 60m, Young Adult around 17m-18m, and The Darkest Hour below 20m. And that's all she wrote for 2011.

I never thought NYE would make less than VD Opening weekend.

Compared to NY weekend 2005-6, this year's BO is obviously in a slump. On the same wknd 2005-6, all of the films improved from Christmas wknd. But this year most of them declined.It seems films don't have enough appeal to drag moviegoers to theaters.

Compared to NY weekend 2005-6, this year's BO is obviously in a slump. On the same wknd 2005-6, all of the films improved from Christmas wknd. But this year most of them declined.

What are you talking about? I see everything in the top 15 except The Sitter increasing.

Well Alvin will soon pass 100M. The only film from 2011 left after that will be War Horse.In other news-BD1 finally has a 2 multiplier :P

Many still belive in 100 mill GWTDT