Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Made by talented people, either Americans or not. Michael Bay directing a Digimon movie would be a dream. Pokemon would need another type of director.

:(

Michael Bay should be purged from the earth.

I am honestly kinda shocked on how badly both SS and JA performed. SS is opening below stuff like Legend of Hercules and I, Frankenstein. That is insane. And Jupiter Ascending is opening below Into the Storm and Need for Speed. Mind-blowing. Into the Storm didn't even had the 3D advantage. 

Well both are long delayed projects. People have already lost interest. It also didn't help that they are released on the same day with SPONGE BOB and AS both doing well. I haven't seen TSS. I wish JA made more.

JA's trailer was good.

And? It still spelled bomb from the get go. I'm pretty sure if you go back in the JA thread to the trailer launch you'll see quite a few folks saying exactly that. You can't play a Tatumwolf all superserial and expect anything else.

• Like 1

And? It still spelled bomb from the get go. I'm pretty sure if you go back in the JA thread to the trailer launch you'll see quite a few folks saying exactly that. You can't play a Tatumwolf all superserial and expect anything else.

What made you think it would be a bomb based on the very first trailer? There had been no news of the delay before the trailer release. No reviews. No box office tracking. You can't have just based it on the 'look' of the movie because it looked stunning in the trailer. It's so easy for people to 'justify' now that the movie opened to low numbers.

• Like 1

Made by talented people, either Americans or not. Michael Bay directing a Digimon movie would be a dream. Pokemon would need another type of director.

No. Digimon's strength was its characters not its battle sequences. Michael Bay's Digimon would be indistinguishable from Transformers.

• Like 1

I don't know what Tatum can do from now on to make himself a box office draw for dudes who go to the movies.  They tried to make him an action star in White House Down and it bombed.  Foxcatcher is generally doing poorly at the specialty box office considering its Oscar nominations.  It has only made about 12 million.  They tried to put him in Jupiter (another action movie) and it bombed.  So now he will go back to Magic Mike 2 to be eye candy for the ladies once again....therefore continuing the stereotype that he is a male version of Megan Fox.

What made you think it would be a bomb based on the very first trailer? There had been no news of the delay before the trailer release. No reviews. No box office tracking. You can't have just based it on the 'look' of the movie because it looked stunning in the trailer. It's so easy for people to 'justify' now that the movie opened to low numbers.

Nah man, the movie always looked like shit and a bomb.

• Like 1

I don't know what Tatum can do from now on to make himself a box office draw for dudes who go to the movies.  They tried to make him an action star in White House Down and it bombed.  Foxcatcher is generally doing poorly at the specialty box office considering its Oscar nominations.  It has only made about 12 million.  They tried to put him in Jupiter (another action movie) and it bombed.  So now he will go back to Magic Mike 2 to be eye candy for the ladies once again....therefore continuing the stereotype that he is a male version of Megan Fox.

Huh? His biggest hit is a male-skewing comedy, the Jump Street series. 

I think he needs to get away from action-drama and stick to action-comedy. That's where his forte is. He's goofy in a dumb-jock way, and is really good at it. 

• Like 1

Umm, i'm not justifying it now. Go to the JA thread and look up the posts when the first trailer dropped. Lots of posts saying it would bomb.

I don't know what Tatum can do from now on to make himself a box office draw for dudes who go to the movies. They tried to make him an action star in White House Down and it bombed. Foxcatcher is generally doing poorly at the specialty box office considering its Oscar nominations. It has only made about 12 million. They tried to put him in Jupiter (another action movie) and it bombed. So now he will go back to Magic Mike 2 to be eye candy for the ladies once again....therefore continuing the stereotype that he is a male version of Megan Fox.

Gambit will also bomb

• Like 1