Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

That's crazy good. 50m+ OW seems in the cards, well above the inflated opening of the first movie. 

I'm very happy for its success because it's one of the trippiest animated movies I've ever seen and I think that its mainstream success is fascinating. 

• Like 2

From Ando last Friday...and my response:

Ando81, on 30 Jan 2015 - 6:33 PM, said:snapback.png

The base audience for the movie (conservatives/red state/rural males) saw it in huge numbers for the first 2 weekends.  Outside that demographic, it probably doesn't have huge appeal in other parts/demographics of the country.  It is basically going to come back to reality now with 50% drops every weekend from now on.  

Want to be on that?  Serious bet.  I'll bet you for the next three weeks it won't fall more than 45%.  $20.00.  Serious bet.

• Like 3

There seems to be a lot of interest in Sniper again

Incredible.  And I thought the big Sunday drop last weekend meant that people no longer cared about it.

Even Guru has forgotten how to extrapolate numbers when it comes to AS:  His weekend prediction is going to be passed by Saturday night.

American Sniper rocketed to sky high buzz which got ticket sales moving, but has quickly seen that chatter disappear and is now falling rapidly back to Earth. A strong sophomore hold of 28% was followed by a steep 53% tumble on the third frame. Even factoring in the Super Bowl, that was a large nosedive. This weekend should see another potent drop especially since two new action entries are entering the field. A 45% slide may result giving Warner Bros. about $16M for the weekend and $274M to date

• Like 1

Good call, baumer.

I don't think sniper was in severe decline at all. In the second week the weekdays were affected by snowstorm. The third weekend was impacted by Superbowl.

Now it is back to its normal groove.

• Like 1

Good call, baumer.

I don't think sniper was in severe decline at all. In the second week the weekdays were affected by snowstorm. The third weekend was impacted by Superbowl.

Now it is back to its normal groove.

Yea, but that was abundantly clear to many of us yet so many who hate on it decided to overlook that stuff when calling for its demise.  Strange.