K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Saturday won't fall like that - pre-sales for Saturday are outpacing Friday if anything it stays flat (from a smaller Friday). Valentine's day being on Saturday changes the whole dynamic of the weekend.

So you're thinking 43M OD plus another 40Mish on Sat? Hot damn! Hope that happens!

• Like 2

Don't you hate it when your boss stops by your cubical just after you've silently passed some potent, lethal gas. Ugh. I imagine I'll feel a similar shame tomorrow afternoon when I see Shades. Still hope it crosses $100M over the 4-day though.

:o oh! So you mean a fart?

:rotfl:

• Like 2

Only as a reminder

BO.com long-range forecast for OW was $61,000,000** (** standing for the reminder it being a 4 days weekend)

At Wednesday released weekend forecast was OW $95,000,000

I think all between this 2 numbers would be a success for a movie with a buget of only $40m

(btw, will not watch it for the wrong presentation of the life-style)

• Like 5

:o oh! So you mean a fart?

:rotfl:

His WFH email was misleading. Apparently he had to stop in the office to grab some stuff before his doctor appointment. And, yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Edit:

Just compounded my embarrassment today moments ago. Listening/watching the bathhouse scene from John Wick on my Droid with Kaleida's Think blaring. I assumed my headphones were faulty. Sounded muffled. Well, I had them on but didn't plug the jack in. Everyone on the floor just heard grunting, gunshots and Kaleida moaning "I am your light." I think I should just go home now.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

Only on movietickets.com

We don't know what the percentage was for Fandango.

It's safe to say we can expect similar fandango numbers? Don't see why it would be much of a difference.

• Like 1

It's safe to say we can expect similar fandango numbers? Don't see why it would be much of a difference.

I don't know the answer to that. Possibly. I'm just pointing out that figure does not include Fandango. Until they report, we don't know what the percentage is.

Sometimes I don't understand you guys. For a movie like 50 Shades, 8.6m is a great number. Friday and Saturday are gonna be mind-blowing. I still think $85m+ for the 3-day weekend is likely.

I agree, I mean it was a bit lower than I thought but a lot of that was due to me falling for the hype. It beats twilights MID #, so I think it's on a great pace for around 85M.

• Like 1

The fact that Gray could open that high is ugh...

Anyway-hope Sniper returns next week somehow.

I'm gonna go with American Sniper being more problematic than 50 shades. but sniper isn't catered to a female audience so I guess a lot of people here don't have a problem with it.