K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Matthew Vaughn is securring a nice place in the Hollywood landscape.

Dude s talented and bangs everything in sight.

TBH Vaughn can pick and choose what projects he wants to. I'd like to see him go back to doing films like Layer Cake or something that isn't R rated Edited by Jonwo

So what are we looking at - 85m OW? That's just silly, regardless of inflated expectations round these parts. That would make worst possible DOM total about $180m, although it should be able to break $200m. Add the even more silly international numbers to the mix and we've probably got a half billion grosser. From a budget of $40m. A franchise is most definitely born - the only question is, will subsequent entries decline without the halo effect and hype around this first entry (a la SATC)? Or will they reach new highs with the sequels (a la Twilight)?

• Like 1

States obsessed with Fifty Shades

B9fdTzKCUAA1VBT.jpg

I'm assuming all those bible lovers are talking about how they aren't going to see 50 Shades of Grey and will instead go see Kingsman?? 

I'm assuming those Bible lovers will love the scene in Kingsman when Colin Firth kicks ass in that church.

Between 50 Shades of Grey, Kingsman, and American Sniper all being R-rated, its pretty clear that an R-rating doesn't automatically hurt BO. Had 50 Shades been rated PG-13, it probably would be doing the same or even less as it is doing right now.

Edited by Sixteen16
  • Like 1

I'm assuming all those bible lovers are talking about how they aren't going to see 50 Shades of Grey and will instead go see Kingsman?? 

I'm assuming those Bible lovers will love the scene in Kingsman when Colin Firth kicks ass in that church.

Way to generalize there homie.

• Like 1

Okay, just for to work and I have to say, these numbers are pretty disappointing.

I know it's still early and it's gonna pick up, but this isn't what I was expecting. But we have some SpongeBob shows that had more people in it than 50 Shades.

Total so far(includes presales for tonight):

50 Shades - 541

Kingsman - 182

• Like 6